Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 gt that I have put 11 grand into the engine and still have the ugly factory valve covers on it, I had a set of the bbk valve covers but I couldn't get them to seal and had to take them off cause of how bad they leaked.... Any suggestions on what I could get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked on all the websites I know about and have only seen the bbk and trick flow.... So ford racing has some for a 2 valve 4.6?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked and ford doesn't have any for a 2 valve it's all for a 3 and 4 valve engines and americanmuscle just has the bbk and trick flow covers... Heck I wish I could just find some factory style that has a custom paint or design on them... Just anything other than plain black lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Moroso Fabricated Aluminum Valve Covers - 11 Bolt (96-04 GT) found them on american muscle, dont know if u saw them, for some reason i couldnt get the pic to post, they are 499.00 for the pair, a little pricey, hope this helps, found some on summit racing also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
I thought i had seen some on the ford racing site. I did find the ones i listed above on american muscle. just google mustang 2v valve covers it gives you a couple diffrent sites
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
I wonder how the stock ones would look painted the same blue as the ford racing 4 valve covers. I cant find a spray paint that I think will match close enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
I checked and ford doesn't have any for a 2 valve it's all for a 3 and 4 valve engines and americanmuscle just has the bbk and trick flow covers... Heck I wish I could just find some factory style that has a custom paint or design on them... Just anything other than plain black lol
Take em off and have em painted?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
What kinda paint should I use or send them off and have them powered coated or somethin
I not positive but I don't think the plastic will hold up to the powder coating heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
What kinda paint should I use or send them off and have them powered coated or somethin
Don't try to powder coat them!! I have a buddy that does powder coating and he tried and they melted!!... Lucky him it was on a spare set and he was just testing it!...

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Keep in mind they are plastic and powder coating involves high heat!...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What could I put on them that would last and look good?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

clark98gt said:
I wonder how the stock ones would look painted the same blue as the ford racing 4 valve covers. I cant find a spray paint that I think will match close enough.
They have that color blue on the late model restoration website
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top