Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have a sale wondering if its worth it. I just looking to add something cheap for power. Also one of my speaker in the front is cutting in and out its a pioneer aftermarket is it dying or a wire loss?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Tb spacer is a paper weight yes, but this is an upper intake manifold spacer works, by increasing the length of the runners it increases tq, he gives a good description on his website about how it works....

But honestly do the Windstar swap, better gains, a lot more than that little spacer can do

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The intake spacer is a great mod. One of the best I have done. Excellent product. It is made for the V6 single port intakes. I swear on it, no bull****- I gained a large amount of low-end torque after new exhaust pipes were run.
Now- Split-port V6's, I don;'t know. But, for us singleport V6's, adding length to the runners works. Easy mod to do yourself. I recommend it so highly, that I would ask about returns if you do not feel quicker acceleration from a dead stop and at low speeds.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
umm rob, a more free flowing exhaust hurts low end and improves the top end, on any motor..... did you mean to put "intake spacer" instead of exhaust?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
umm rob, a more free flowing exhaust hurts low end and improves the top end, on any motor..... did you mean to put "intake spacer" instead of exhaust?
When I replaced my catback for divorced duals, I lost low end power. I installed the lower intake spacer and it improved greatly. It worked well enough that I would guarantee it to a close friend. I would put up the cash if not extremely satisfied with a smile on the face with results. It worked really well on my single port 3.8L.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Also, as a side note to explain my reasons for grabbing at low end torque (running 2.25" exhaust pipe & intake spacer ect..) being a V6 owner and never going to the track, all I need is lowend power to keep up or pass everyday driving conditions. Any high end power I use with the SCT tuner ect. is experienced alot less. know what I mean??

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
it's triple port o_O

nah just playing man haha

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well i ordered a spacer since it was on sale I will say how I feel about it after I install it
The MOST important part of the whole installation is taking your time to choose where to cut the EGR tube. You want to cut it in a spot that is straight, not mid-bend. May sound like an obvious suggestion but it is the most important part. It will haunt you forever if that isn't done correctly. Good luck, have an extra set of hands near by to help align the spacer ect.. You'll love it!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm installing it Sunday and i was wondering since I got the top off to paint it. Any tips on how to paint and make it look good and also any ideas on what color I have a red mustang with blacks rims

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Vacuum leak?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
+1
You can check your CAI connections, EGR tubing & vacuum lines. The multi colored EGR plastic tubing lines are very brittle and crack easy. I think there three of them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts