1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Venompacks.html

The site is up.
If you have questions fire away.

James has said he would make a special attempt to be here to answer questions with me after work for the next little while.

The website will have it's own addy in the next few days.
www.venomkit.com

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Sweet :headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
what's the bottom line hp rating with only dual exhaust?

you said 200+ ...but that's fairly broad

if i buy one and a supercharger from you at the same time, will there be some sort of package deal? (good business idea)

·
Registered
7 Posts
To keep things simple, let me first introduce myself.
I’m James, lead designer of the Venom Kit. Steve is here with me because he knows many of you and he is helping to give me a heads up.

The Kit can provide up to 196 HP on a stock motor.
What that means is that your cam selection is a factor of this. Right now only 2 cams are available on the site. However the site was not intended to be up until Dec 1st but there was a decision to go ahead with it.
By Dec 1st, we should have an additional 224/225 cam available.
But lets take it from the bottom.
The mild cam will net you roughly 160 HP
And the next size will get you roughly 175-80
With the big cam getting around 190.

But the other factors involved can also affect this.
Such as shifting at 6000+ RPM’s. Many drivers will not want to do this.
What you need to keep in mind is that we destroyed many motors building this kit.
And we have found that a perfect engine, factory fresh, or one that you know 100% everything is correct on can handle 6000+ RPM’s.

Those numbers well exceeded 200+ HP at the crank, and we did get well over 200 during testing. But we needed the kit to be available as a daily driver, that you wouldn’t be worried to take across the country if you needed to. And pushing the engine any harder simply would not fit within those guidelines.

However, if you want the Venom Pack to produce over 200 rwhp, tell us and we will fix you right up. However that does fall outside the guidelines we set for being daily driver reliable.

I will be here pretty much all week and next week with Steve so if you need anymore information let us know. Steve is still learning the entire ends and outs and until he does, I will answer any questions he can’t.

As far as a package deal, Steve will have to handle that matter when I am not on his computer.

·
Registered
567 Posts
that 190 is with everything? heads intakes cam RR the works?

didnt Rob get 186 with stock valves?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Kit is designed for daily driver use.
The emphasis is on this for a reason.
So when someone spends good hard earned money for a performance package they don’t end up killing their car. It is like a supercharger for instance.
The S/C can put out way more boost than it does, but manufacturers limit this so as not to destroy the engine.
That is one of the primary reasons for the addition of the RR. It wasn’t so much as adding power, but as to help ease the burden off the valve train. It makes for a better quality kit that will last.

But read what I wrote above.
The Venom Kit is my personal baby. I fed it and watched it grow. I know what it can do, and we can make the kit pump out 220+ HP if that is what you want.
But in order to maintain the quality and drivability of the package, you must know when enough is enough and know when you are pushing the cars limits. Trust me, we know this engines limits inside and out.
This package is built to provide trouble free horsepower. Simple as that.

·
Registered
567 Posts
werd. Any dyno graphs? Im assuming a tune/chip is needed as well. What kidn of tune did you use? Reccomend?

Whats the peak RPM for HP? Im also assuming these are 5spd #'s. As well as RWHP.

I always thought the stock bottom ends couldnt really take too much more than a 6k rev. Most people out there with N/A monsters are only revving to 6k.

If advertising as the fastest way to make a 3.8 is your kit, why make the 200+ numbers you claim, and then back it down. I understand the need to make it streetable, but shouldnt that be part of making it the fastest? I mean it sounds like hitting your 200+ mark requires some offroad type of things, possibly no emissions parts or other things of the sort.

I know you are trying to keep so much a secret (I dunno why) but there are a lot of things any intelligent modder must know before dumping $2k on parts that have hidden specs. Alls someone needs to do is have a tech question and someone asks what kind of cam do you have...and only you wil know.

Sorry about being nosey, just trying to get all the info out of ya ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have the dynos to back it up, and yes a chip is needed. I believe the site says it, but I will make sure of that. Tuning is up to the tuner-each car will require a slightly different tune even though all parts are the same.

As far as revving past 6000, what can I tell you. :|

As far as a 200 HP claim that was backed down, that didn't happen. No matter what "version" of our kit you get, you will get at least 200 at the crank. :headbang:

As far as the cam, you get to choose it. As far as the secrets, it all about $. Plain and simple. As you can see on the site, it says itself how can we back ourselves up yet release no "specs" at all. That was the purpose of the $1,000 challenge.
If you think you can beat our kit on level terms, then let's roll. :D

Your not bieng nosey, I understand.
Hopefully a little more light will be shed tonight.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is, and I plan to make sure they get up there.
I just wish they had done more with the site information wise than they did to help answer some questions. But I guess they just wanted me to go ahead and start promoting the kit.

I will place a sticky up so others can read it about our kit and the information offered.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What is the grounds for having something to compete with your kit? :)

I have an NA set-up going on my 97 I'd be interested in taking on the venom kit with.

make for some fun and interesting competition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi V6 Stanger,

Basically the “challenge” as Ryan worded it on the site, is basically any manufacturers heads and intake package. This would mean each car would require the same modifications. Heads vs. Heads, Intakes vs. Intakes or any combination.

I didn’t make or request this challenge and I created the thing. So thank heavens it’s not my money. But the only reason I don’t like it is because I really don’t know how our heads would perform with just heads / no intake. Or no heads / just cam and intake.
I didn’t design the Kit from that angle. I made the kit to work as a whole. So I wouldn’t want to see it go up against anyone’s package unless they were willing to match the mods we did. That is a lot to ask of any manufacturer and not really fair because I’m sure RPM or RGR or Super Six and whoever else makes these, had their own setup in mind when they designed their kit.

The reason for this and Steve asked me to make this clarification because he said many of you want to know the specifications for these heads.
To be honest with you, there is no real setup here.
The ordering process is quite intense not just as simple as it looks on our website. We do have prefabed kits, but depending on where the client wants to go with their vehicle is a major player in exactly what we do to their kit.

If you don’t mind me asking who designed your 97 kit, Extreme V6 racing?
Your times look very nice.

·
Registered
567 Posts
thats a club in MD.

I think RGR did his porting. Unless his website info is old.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
He has gotten somthing from everyone including Mikael @ RPM, Robert RGR and Tom @ SSM and a SC motor from me

Hey Zach you need to buy something from EE to complete the buying circle!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
The heads were done by RGR
Cam was spec'd by RGR
Lower Intake was done by RGR
Upper Intake is a Supersix design.

None of these parts are on the car yet.

My best time with just bolt-ons on the motor was a [email protected] with 136rwhp and 196rwtq. This was with the set-up that is in my profile on the extreme v6 racing webiste. 13.4 was with the 100 shot.

i can't wait to get the heads,cam,intake set-up going and se waht she runs.

extremev6racing.com is just our local MD car club.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What about those who purchased a kit from stungbymystang. Are we finally going to get something? Hows that going to work, are we placing an order and getting refunded or do you want us to email you?

Andrew

1 - 20 of 45 Posts