Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Does Venom400 Performance Module really give out V6 Mustang 25% Increase, exactly how much?

• Yes, 25% HP Increase, VERY POSITIVE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, only like 20 HP Increase, IF THAT, VERY POSITIVE

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venom Performance says,
25% Increase
. I have about 215 Horsepower on my V6 Mustang 2002, and I many people tell me I wont get about 55 horsepower gains from a Venom Box. Venom says I will though. Whats the real deal? If anyone has Venom400 Module, How much of an increase will it really give me? I would like to know because I want to invest in one.

If anyone knows how much horsepower the Venom400 Performance Module will give my 2002 V6 Mustang, I would really like to know within the next day or so, I really want to invest in one, and I dont want to make a mistake. Thanks! Post your reply, ANYONE, if they know the answer.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dude dont waste your money. no bolt on will give 55 or even 25 hp. Sorry to burst your bubble. A well tuned chip will give you 10 hp on a fairly stock motor. Dont believe hype

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:oops: What a bunch of idiots at Venom :evil:...Im going to complain and have them Dyno Test a stock v6 with just a venom400 and see what the gains are. :D

I have 2002 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 Zinc Yellow 5-Speed, and I have $600 Flowmaster Cat-Back DELTAFLOW Exhaust, and DenseCharger Cold Air Intake... I already have Throttle Body Space Billet, and 160* Thermostat on the way, I have $300 dollars to spend, what would be the best Performance Mod ?

Let me know what the best Performance/Most HP Gains would be, and then tell me how 4.10 or 3.73 gears would increase HP and torque. Explain. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
for the 5-speed you want to go with 3.73 because the rpms will climb way too fast with 4.10 gears, but from what i understand and not sure if im right, gears dont really increase hp/torque they just make the hp/torque you have already more readily available, so you will be quicker and accelerate faster, before you buy a chip id get 3.73 gears and traklock, then a fordchip(correct speedo for the gears), then pulley, spacers, and maybe a good p/p job on your intakes and heads

·
Registered
39 Posts
btw if im not mistaken and this is goin by what ive read the best thing you can do to get the most hp/torque from a single mod is a very good p/p job on the intakes and heads.... i am not goin to swear by this but ive heard around 50-60 hp gain from very aggresive p/p....

·
Registered
48 Posts
To 35thAniVertible: You're pretty close on the gears/torque/horsepower thing. Look at it this way:
Torque and Horsepower are always competing. A deeper gearset will multiply the torque transferred to the pavement as horsepower transferred is lost. That's why a car that digs really hard won't have the top speed a higher geared car will. Of course, the higher geared car won't pull as hard from the redlight like a low geared car will.

The eternal, infernal tradeoff.

:headbang:

·
Registered
48 Posts
To 35thAniVertible: You're pretty close on the gears/torque/horsepower thing. Look at it this way:
Torque and Horsepower are always competing. A deeper gearset will multiply the torque transferred to the pavement as horsepower transferred is lost. That's why a car that digs really hard won't have the top speed a higher geared car will. Of course, the higher geared car won't pull as hard from the redlight like a low geared car will.

The eternal, infernal tradeoff.

Tin Kicker :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts