Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased vertical door bolt on kits for my gt for the simple fact that parking spaces have gotten smaller and our doors are rediculously long. I struggle every morning trying to get in my car while in the garage. I just wanted to know your thoughts or experiences with them...

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
just purchased vertical door bolt on kits for my gt for the simple fact that parking spaces have gotten smaller and our doors are rediculously long. I struggle every morning trying to get in my car while in the garage. I just wanted to know your thoughts or experiences with them...
I like the idea. But I have a feeling most won't like it. I am considering the same thing for the same reason. What kit did you get?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005-2013 Mustang VERTICAL DOOR KIT system (Direct Bolt on)
(05MSTVERT-DOOR) = $849.99

from www.mrbodykit.com

Im big in muscle cars, and i too think vertical doors are a step in the wrong direction but considering all other factors i want them and need them.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
Get a good solid kit and get them professionally installed!.. I know a couple of guys with them on their cars!.. One got a cheap kit and did the work himself!.. The other got a better kit and took it to a shop!.. The first guy is currently having his redone at a shop!..

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
The biggest con that I can think of is that it's absolutely disgusting. It's your car, and you can do what you want to it ... But most people around here aren't into ricer-like mods such as Lambo doors or huge wings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know it's your car and you have your reasons. It's an embarrassing thing to do to anything but a Lamborghini. It's like Putting mud tires on a muscle car. But the simple fact is. It's your life do want makes you happy. I'm just trying to save a mustang.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The idea is super cool but since little ricers have done the same and also in the fast and furious movies have played it out. They look cool specially since our cars have such a big door, but like i said people associate them to ricers.
Go for it and do it, post some pics.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
McQueen said:
The idea is super cool but since little ricers have done the same and also in the fast and furious movies have played it out. They look cool specially since our cars have such a big door, but like i said people associate them to ricers.
Go for it and do it, post some pics.
Exactly

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
In a vacuum, cool, but its got that stigma. I still say do it. Wont get any krap from me. Those disappearing doors, though, wow! Would probably cost ad much as my car, though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think it's a great idea! Not to mention if someone ever tries to accuse you of hitting their car with your door the look on there face will be priceless :D lol

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Looks wise it's a love hate kind of thing for me!.. Stay true to its Muscle Car lines and the Lambo doors can be a nice and neat surprise!.. In that case I like it!.. Its the ones that do it and also have some ricer crap body kit that i hate!.. And yes please post pics when it's done!..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, im not a fan of body kits, and this will be my only exterior modification, besides quarter louvers, which is being shipped with door kit. i will definately post picks of process and finished product.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
primer2tone said:
Yeah, pay out the ass and get it done by a shop that'll back their work.

I've seen some kits that allow you to open your door normally and you could also open them vertically. I think that would be the best thing.

No, scratch that. This would be the best thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtkoje4-eM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Dude that is too sick. I want one jaja. Only thing is it would suck when its raining

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Great idea, but me personally I would just tough it out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.