Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used this product on my fog light and it looks amazing in this picture, however, when you get close you see some runs in it and some minor issues. I had to redo one by taking the stuff off with goo gone, and it was a nightmare.

So...what can I do to get rid of these runs and make it look as smooth as possible. Honestly, I might just buy the roush grill now and delete the fogs, but I want to try to fix these first.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
When i sprayed mine on my old car i used to to spray them in layers till i was satisfied... Nice gentle pases... I then let them dry and clear coat after for a nice shiny finish

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Just clear coating them doesn't make them shiny. They need to be cleared,wet sanded and polished if you want the real deal look.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Just clear coating them doesn't make them shiny. They need to be cleared,wet sanded and polished if you want the real deal look.
+1 Gotta wet-sand and polish to get it smooth and glossy.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
What I did with my side markers after wet sanding was I used a rubbing compound and an applicator and applied a light later to the surface, then took a detailing towel and buffed it out. Once done, I waxed them. Now they're smooth and glossy like glass

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts