Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use VHT Nightshades? Any likes or dislikes and thoughts about using this product. Any pictures of your car with this stuff painted on?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used it on a bmw i owned. Came out great. However I've seen quite a few jobs around that look bad. The trick is wetsanding and clear coating after the vht coats are applied. I used a high quality automotive aerosol clear. Did 3 stages of clear and wetsanding. Mine came out super glossy like tinted glass. Without the clear and wetsanding it won't be as glossy and you can tell it was sprayed on.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
Anyone here use VHT Nightshades? Any likes or dislikes and thoughts about using this product. Any pictures of your car with this stuff painted on?
I have and it came out well, use one light coat at first, then two heavy coats, an do both lights at the same time for even results, then, 3 layers of clear coat for protection and shine.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xhgwx said:
I have and it came out well, use one light coat at first, then two heavy coats, an do both lights at the same time for even results, then, 3 layers of clear coat for protection and shine.
Beautiful bro. Looks great. Does it let your brake lights light up through nice and bright as it claims it does?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It claims to only do one coat... I did 3. It's exactly as dark as covers are. And my mother was following me somewhere and I asked we if she could see and she said she could. At night I can see them very well also.
Thanks for the positive comments. It was my first time ever doing them and they came out good. I was to think on one coat and you can see a small line at night when ur up close(with in 3-5ft) other than that u can't see it. I'm glad the way it came
Out and it saved me 150$ to buy smoked lights, or 50-80 for covers.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Heartless said:
Yes! Exactly like xhgwx. That job looks great. Clear and wetsanding is key
Thanks, took me about two-three hours because I let each coat get tacky before I spray another then the final coat got to sit for an hour before I put them on. I also sanded in between clear coats with a 2000 grit. Make sure each clear is completely dry between sanding tho! Or else it will stick and tear it all up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts