Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got done pulling the engine and putting a new one in. I have a 99 mustang 3.8 in it and replaced it with a 01 3.8. took it for a short drive around town and everything seemed fine. but once i got on the high way i realized that once the car gets to a little over 2,000 rpms it has this vibration. Its not shaking the hole car or anything but you can deff feel theres a vibration. Hope to get this salved. Any help would be great thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Front end alignment?

·
Registered
881 Posts
brettthom1422 said:
Hey guys I just got done pulling the engine and putting a new one in. I have a 99 mustang 3.8 in it and replaced it with a 01 3.8. took it for a short drive around town and everything seemed fine. but once i got on the high way i realized that once the car gets to a little over 2,000 rpms it has this vibration. Its not shaking the hole car or anything but you can deff feel theres a vibration. Hope to get this salved. Any help would be great thanks everyone.
I know mustangs and Nissan 300zx Z32 are 2 different beasts. But I had an issue with my 300zx. Had a vibration right up thru the center if the car. Only started at around 25-30mph or higher rpm, vibration felt as if something was out if balance in the drivetrain. Like something was gonna blow apart and leave me stranded.
Turns out, it was the transmission mount. Replaced it, never had another vibration.
But like I said, 2 different beasts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my 99 is automatic, when i first got it she had a vibration 1500 2000 rpm it was coming up through floor with O/D off it would get better. long story short it was transmission mount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts