Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a god awful vibration when i reach 70 mph really its only between 70-85mph weather im accelerating or braking any ideas driveshaft is tight all looks good just can't figure it out but was told that if i go with a aluminum driveshaft should solve my issue was also told it could be because i pulled that big chunk of iron off the rearend when i did my gears

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have the same thing, bought new tires balanced no luck. Got an alignment no luck. Im thinking its my driveshaft too, so let me know.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Im out of state, so I couldn't get the car lifted, but it feels like driveshaft, u-joint then the input for the rearend, There is somesort of D-ring style (not an actual d-ring ) bracket under the area just after the ujoint. Ill take another look when I have me some tools...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh you couldn't miss it its about the size of a small basket ball and weights something like 15-20lbs bolted to front of rearend if you don't have it that could be your problem just like me.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Or at least i was told that could be my problem

·
Registered
861 Posts
Oh you couldn't miss it its about the size of a small basket ball and weights something like 15-20lbs bolted to front of rearend if you don't have it that could be your problem just like me.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Or at least i was told that could be my problem
Someone swapped my gears too, and theres evidence of hack work all over my car so who knows... id be interested to see a pick of it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok i have a god awful vibration when i reach 70 mph really its only between 70-85mph weather im accelerating or braking any ideas driveshaft is tight all looks good just can't figure it out but was told that if i go with a aluminum driveshaft should solve my issue was also told it could be because i pulled that big chunk of iron off the rearend when i did my gears
I would try the balancing on your tires first. If u jack up the back and run it with tires off ground n have someone just look at the driveshaft to see if it has any wooble or take it out n put a level on it and see if its bent like that. For the chunk of steel thats bolted to the front of the rearend, i have no problems out pf mine. I didn't put mine back on after gear swap but not to say thats not your problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing. I had a real bad vibration on decel, change tires and it went away some. Put the car on a lift and drove it, passenger wheel was moving alot. Felt like I was gonna drive off the lift at only 30 mph.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All my stuff if brand new because i been goin through the basics trying to get rid of it new bearings balance both sets of tires only thing i fidnt do yet is balance the driveshaft

·
Registered
208 Posts
All my stuff if brand new because i been goin through the basics trying to get rid of it new bearings balance both sets of tires only thing i fidnt do yet is balance the driveshaft
Take it out and check to see if its straight. Only 4 bolts and its out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts