Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I accelerate my mustang I feel a huge vibration on the back two wheels and idk whether Its my axle? Or maybe it's my drive shaft? Please let me know what it could be !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
primer2tone said:
It could be a couple if things. When did it start? Did something happen?
It started just yesterday, the guy who owned it b4 me replaced the whole back drive shaft and everything that goes with it, I also had a tire bigger than the rest and it would twist The back alittle so I'm not sure

·
Registered
681 Posts
It could be a couple if things. When did it start? Did something happen?
I'm thinking differential defective. I just replaced 70% of my rear-end; new axels to boot. Still, I unfortunately overlooked the differential. I dragged, and enjoyed burnouts for a little while then the diff gave up. Now Im stuck with no car till I replace the diff. One way to tell, is that the car feels like you are driving with the parking brakes on. That means the diff is binding. If that is not the cause, conider that the axel splines are worn. Good splines are flat, worn ones are sharp at the tip of the spline. If the splines are worn, the diff is worn too. My tech overlooked that factor. Now I'm paying for it. That's my 2 cents. But before you do anything else, check to ensure the d-shaft is bolted on tight. Do get under the car and take a look, it could save you lots of money. It uses a 13mm 12 point socket. Use the 3/8" drive with a 10" extension to reach it easily. Good luck man.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LAS97GT said:
I'm thinking differential defective. I just replaced 70% of my rear-end; new axels to boot. Still, I unfortunately overlooked the differential. I dragged, and enjoyed burnouts for a little while then the diff gave up. Now Im stuck with no car till I replace the diff. One way to tell, is that the car feels like you are driving with the parking brakes on. That means the diff is binding. If that is not the cause, conider that the axel splines are worn. Good splines are flat, worn ones are sharp at the tip of the spline. If the splines are worn, the diff is worn too. My tech overlooked that factor. Now I'm paying for it. That's my 2 cents. But before you do anything else, check to ensure the d-shaft is bolted on tight. Do get under the car and take a look, it could save you lots of money. It uses a 13mm 12 point socket. Use the 3/8" drive with a 10" extension to reach it easily. Good luck man.
Thank you so much ! I'll get on that tomorrow, I'm in need of money and if this breaks down, then lol I'm screwed

·
Registered
681 Posts
No problem man. That's why I lover ME. Lots of help. Hit me up if you need assist on privy email. On this forum I have yet to meet a bad Stang owner not willing to assist. Before you do though, hit up Azure. He's on point as a moderator/ME staff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts