Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2009 v6 with no mods yet. Cai, duals, and tune coming soon. Until then I keep having a deep vibration/noise when I take off and any time I accelerate. It only lasts for a second or two and stops when I give it a little more gas. It doesn't do it when I'm cruising or when I put my foot down. Only during slower take-offs. Any help? I can't figure it out. I've also heard that these brakes get hotter than normal and begin to create a bit of a smell. Any info on that? New to the mustang world so I'm looking to learn as much as possible. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like a harmonic balancer problem, if the vibration/noise gets worse with added torque then I would say either you have a damaged driveshaft or your u-joints might need replacing. But since added torque makes it go away I would say the balancer.

I'm going through a similar situation at 65+ without the noise, just wheel vibration, but I'm overdue for some new p-zeros :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you fixed that vibration? I have the same problem! :/ would it be your motor or transmission mounts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2009 v6 with no mods yet. Cai, duals, and tune coming soon. Until then I keep having a deep vibration/noise when I take off and any time I accelerate. It only lasts for a second or two and stops when I give it a little more gas. It doesn't do it when I'm cruising or when I put my foot down. Only during slower take-offs. Any help? I can't figure it out. I've also heard that these brakes get hotter than normal and begin to create a bit of a smell. Any info on that? New to the mustang world so I'm looking to learn as much as possible. Thanks :)

[/QUOTE

I know this post is a little on the old side but did you ever figure out what this was I have a 2008 Mustang GT and you described the problem I’m having identically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts