Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to anyone with the vibration problem when slowing down. Has ford come up with a fix yet? My car has been at my local ford dealer for 2 days now and they tell me they dont know anything yet.w

·
Registered
101 Posts
I get it sometimes to well decelerating. Is yours manual? I thought it might be the vibration off the driveshaft at certain speeds. It's only for a split second, then evens out. What are you experiencing?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a 6 speed. And its just like what yours is doing. It only happens for a few seconds then goes away. I have ford looking at it right now so ive got my fingers crossed that they will do something to fix it. Ive read that ford has told a lot of people that this is normal but ive driven alot of high performance vehicles and this isnt at all normal.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone that has replaced their oem drive line with a aftermarket alluminum shaft has that gottwn rid of that vibration when decelerating

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the call i was expecting... No problem found but were in touch with ford. Lol. I could solve the problem if i had the spare $700 laying around.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could deal with that. My vibration almost feels like its coming from the rearend. Feels as if the rear end is gunna fall out

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Is the vibration mostly in the shifter? What I mean is, can you really feel it otherwise?

I'm thinking you're just feeling the awesomeness (not) of the dual-mass flywheel. For some reason, Ford had the bright idea to put it in the V6 models. It has weights that move with engine rpm and on decel, especially around 3k rpms they cause a vibration and by about 2500rpms it should disappear. It's normal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ntbruncie said:
to anyone with the vibration problem when slowing down. Has ford come up with a fix yet? My car has been at my local ford dealer for 2 days now and they tell me they dont know anything yet.w
I have the same issue with my 2010 v6 :/ If someone knows how to possibly correct this then do tell please! It is so annoying to deal with.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I feel i through the entire car. Ford made a bad choice on this one then
So, it is the flywheel? Can you feel it at the rpms I specified, especially through the gear shifter (just holding it while rpms descend)?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You may have a bad motor/trans mount or something is rubbing making it worse. You shouldn't feel it THAT bad. I never really noticed it until I held onto the shifter while in decel.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The ford dealer has had it the past 2 days and looked at it and couldnt find anything wrong.... So idk.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well... run it like you meant it and save up for an aluminum flywheel. If you ever wanted to add a procharger or turbo, you'd need one anyway. The DM flywheels do break at higher horsepower levels.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I will say i really missed my baby while they had it. Im so happy she is home
I know the feeling. The day I got my car I found a paint chip on the bumper where it looked like Ford scraped it installing the grill. They had it for 3 days while a new bumper was painted and installed.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Is this decell vibration only on the manual transmissions? I do not experience it at all (2011 V6 with almost 36,000 miles). However, I have the automatic transmission.

Only anoying thing I get is the "clunk" every once in awhile when crawling through 5:00 traffic.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts