Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
What way should I go? What prices will I be looking to spend?
I got painted stripes for 200 at a local maaco(I know such a bad name lol) but my whole car was repaired and painted there and it's great looking. I love it. They do my moms company's whole fleet of cars. It's very trusted.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xhgwx said:
I got painted stripes for 200 at a local maaco(I know such a bad name lol) but my whole car was repaired and painted there and it's great looking. I love it. They do my moms company's whole fleet of cars. It's very trusted.
That does look really good! But I'm leaning toward vinyl because it removable

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
That does look really good! But I'm leaning toward vinyl because it removable
U can also do colored plasti so it's cheap and u can always change the color!

·
Registered
559 Posts
$400 installed for my vinyl.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The window sticker on my Roush said the tape stripes were a $400 dollar option. Recently I went to a reputable hot rod shop and they wanted to charge $4000 for painted stripes! I really dislike my vinyl ones tbh I've had about one chip in them per every 2k highway miles and they don't hold up well to sun exposure at all. Good luck striping your ride man hope you find a good deal.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
poloka said:
Vinyl. I'd like painted but I want flat black and it is hard to keep clean since so exposed.
U have one of the few mustangs i wish i had. That car is freaking beautiful

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Those are some nice stripes, vinyl and paint. Myself, I like the full black look, but I have to say that some of those have me tempted. Though, I don't think I will it's great to have some prices listed and posted.

Is vinyl better if you have a covered garage or parking area? I understand it won't last as well in the direct light but that the paint option is much better if you want the stripes to really last without fading. This true?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts