Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about vinyl striping? I have Avery material on mine and it's not doing well... Also can't seem to find another brand that has my color. Suggestions? Thoughts?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have the dealer installed Ford Vinyl striping & they are nearly 7 years old without any issues except the occassional rock chip from the highway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But the dealer wouldn't/couldn't do the green I wanted. In fact, they told me I was insane and the green would be too "strong".

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

shsfresh87 said:
Check out Americanmuscle.com
Unfortunately, American muscle didn't have much of a selection,

·
Registered
323 Posts
Jamward3 said:
Anyone know anything about vinyl striping? I have Avery material on mine and it's not doing well... Also can't seem to find another brand that has my color. Suggestions? Thoughts?
Graphics Express may do custom colors- I got mine there (ford factory stripes) They have about everything and are good to deal with- I'd check there.. Had you considered painting them on. I would not have thought I'd like the color you're using but it looks great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have considered having them painted on... But it's really expensive. I think my car wrap guy found the material he wanted to use in my green. Now it's just getting him to find the time and do it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
update on your stripes?

I have considered having them painted on... But it's really expensive. I think my car wrap guy found the material he wanted to use in my green. Now it's just getting him to find the time and do it!

Any update on your stripes? May I ask where you found them and how much were the stripes / install?

That green looks beautiful and I was thinking about doing the same to mine. I may go with white though, I'm not 100% sure yet. If possible please post pics and link to stripe website, thanks!

Out of curiosity what was wrong with the original Avery material?

(pic is my 'stang as of now)

Attachments

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Any update on your stripes? May I ask where you found them and how much were the stripes / install?

That green looks beautiful and I was thinking about doing the same to mine. I may go with white though, I'm not 100% sure yet. If possible please post pics and link to stripe website, thanks!

Out of curiosity what was wrong with the original Avery material?)
Check out this site. MetroRestyling. They've got a large selection of vinyls. You could also get with a local vinyl/sign shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts