Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using it? Do you get another pound of boost out of it? Is it worth the extra 50? Thinkin about getting it. Just wondered if it is worth the extra? Also, do you leave it on all the time? Is the "race" just a term to pull me in? Lol. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered the VMP 2.5 SS race pulley. I have BAMA free tunes. The package I got comes with the 90mm idler pulley and removal-installation tool. I know I'll got "5" psi from just the pulley but how much does that translate into rwhp?

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
535-550 even with 123mm JLT cai, and tune?

I read where Justin from VMP said with this same setup, even with stock exhaust it should be between 560-570. Do you think that is realistic? I only have an SLP loudmouth axle back.

·
Registered
594 Posts
that's what I have jlt 123 mm cai, 2.59 Vmp pulley, bama tune and I have 535 rwhp you may have 5-10 more rwhp with the smaller pulley

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

but I also had some heat soak on my second pull it was 15-20 more hp throughout the pull then dropped off at about 5800 Rpms

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's what I have jlt 123 mm cai, 2.59 Vmp pulley, bama tune and I have 535 rwhp you may have 5-10 more rwhp with the smaller pulley
Awesome. Ill take that. You know how it is. It's sooooo expensive to mod these cars. I really appreciate the help.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

but I also had some heat soak on my second pull it was 15-20 more hp throughout the pull then dropped off at about 5800 Rpms
New to that. What exactly is heat soak? Never dyno'd either.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heat soak is basically when your car gets to a certain temperature it begins to pull timing which causes your horse power to decrease
Ohhhhh I gotcha. That's the point of adding heat exchangers and other things. Now I'm with you.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ohhhhh I gotcha. That's the point of adding heat exchangers and other things. Now I'm with you.
I seem to remember you saying you where not going to do any more mods this year;) I guess I remembered wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seem to remember you saying you where not going to do any more mods this year;) I guess I remembered wrong.
BahahAhaha. Did I seriously say that? Maybe I should have said it like this, I will mod as much as the wife will let me. Lol.

·
Registered
869 Posts
BahahAhaha. Did I seriously say that? Maybe I should have said it like this, I will mod as much as the wife will let me. Lol.
I know what you mean about the wife letting you. Mine just looks at me when I say I am thinking about doing XYZ to any of our vehicles. I have a 96 Grand Cherokee I am thinking about making into a rock climber but I need it now as a DD until I get her something else to drive. Then of course I have the 1968 coupe that needs to be gone though and updated. I guess the 68 coupe rebuild and slight mods and a DD will be all I can get by her. The 13 she is not really sure if she likes it yet or not but I am sure that will change when I give her a key and say no tickets.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's exactly what to do! Let her feel the rumble. Mine is afraid to drive mine. I put her in the drivers seat and let her just feel the power. Lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
That's exactly what to do! Let her feel the rumble. Mine is afraid to drive mine. I put her in the drivers seat and let her just feel the power. Lol
Well my wife has no fears she grew up on a farm and knows how to drive just about anything I toss the keys to her for. As I said before the bet in the family is which one of us will get the first speeding ticket in it. The kids all say her. I might just have to take it for a spin and beat her to it.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol! Go fast or go home! Kick the tires and light the fires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts