Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting to upgrade my S550 mustang and I was wondering what peoples experience has been with Bama Tunes on the new generation. I know a lot of people did not like them for the previous generation but I have heard that they got it together for the S550. Also do you suggest the VMP tunes over the Bama tunes considering the price difference.
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
...rocks. Love my VMP auto tune. Nice and strong, very smooth. It's a 2014 so, not the same as yours exactly but, I'm really happy and I've had several tunes for different purposes.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
VMP hands down. But remember a tune will void your powertrain warranty.

And this is the wrong section.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Well....that's a bit strong buy it will prompt a lot of questions if you try to claim something major. I got a trans completely rebuilt by Ford on a tuned car. They never questioned the tune, just kep telling me my trans sounding like an f1 pro charger was normal, lol

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Things haven't gotten harder since you had your transmission replaced though. Go over to mustang6g and see how many threads there are with guys getting denied warranty work now with tunes. Especially the ecoboost which is now being called ecoboom Lol.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Kaboom....

That was some tough negotiation for me and I do that for a living so, if uts harder now that ain't good

·
Registered
376 Posts
I too am starting to look into tuners, which is best and so on. Does Ford sell a tuner?
Yes the Ford Procal tuner. I have one for sale for an automatic. I have run 12.5 consistently with the Procal and a Carbon Fiber drive shaft.

Sorry just reread your question. I have a '14 GT not a 550 GT.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I think a more accurate answer about tuning and warranty claims would be, May void ones warranty but not definetly and not the complete warranty. If a window motor goes bad I'm confident that Ford will not void the warranty to fix it because of a VMP performance tune. If ones LCA's are faulty, I'm confident that Ford will not deny and void warranty coverage because of a performance tune but maybe they will void the warranty.

If your water pump fails, will Ford deny a warranty claim because of the performance tune? Will Ford claim the water pumped failed because of the performance tune stressed it out? Maybe! Maybe not!

It's always a gamble when it comes to warranty claims when having a performance tune.

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Bama 93 race tune and love it. Nice having the free tunes for life too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry, but I think the Drive train warranty is the most important one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Marketing gimmick, nothing more.
Probably, but at least I didn't have to pay extra for the retunes I had every time I added a mod. That's the beauty of it.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Probably, but at least I didn't have to pay extra for the retunes I had every time I added a mod. That's the beauty of it.
None of the tuners charge for retunes. So again it's a marketing gimmick. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I say go with VMP.

To give you some background, I am not biased, I do not have any of VMP or Bama's products.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Waiting

As soon as there is a EcoBoost ProCal tune I'll be on it. I'm quite satisfied with the 5.0 ProCal tune. Spoke with Tom from Ford Performance Division he said on or about 8/1/16.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have VMP. It's awesome!
Never had a Bama tune.
Never read of a VMP tune going wrong.
Haven't heard about any recent bad Bama tunes either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts