Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone list aftermarket part that would voild warranty because im so lost i used have to have a dodge avneger and the only thing voild the warranty was if you tuned it

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
well thats a very sticky question. Basically a dealer CAN void your warranty for just about anything they want.... you could try to fight it but you wont be able to really. The best thing to do is to talk to your local dealer or dealers and ask them straight up what they think will void and wont void it.

If you put a catback on then anything it touches or messes with usually is voided, since it doesnt mess with much nothing is really done there.

You usually can do most anything that does not require a tune.... but if you have ANY Major issues you had best put it back to stock as they will find any reason they can to void an deny a claim regardless of what others tell you.

Some dealers are cool some dont like anything changed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nothing will void your warranty, as long as it does not cause any damage. Simple as that.
That's a very vague answer. Your best way is to talk to you dealer, you might be very surprised what you can do!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

well thats a very sticky question. Basically a dealer CAN void your warranty for just about anything they want.... you could try to fight it but you wont be able to really. The best thing to do is to talk to your local dealer or dealers and ask them straight up what they think will void and wont void it.

If you put a catback on then anything it touches or messes with usually is voided, since it doesnt mess with much nothing is really done there.

You usually can do most anything that does not require a tune.... but if you have ANY Major issues you had best put it back to stock as they will find any reason they can to void an deny a claim regardless of what others tell you.

+1

·
Registered
759 Posts

Actually, a dealer cannot void anything they want to. They have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage. If it did, then yes, the warranty would be voided, but only for that part. If it didn't then they cannot void anything, and they would have to do the work under the warranty.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Actually, a dealer cannot void anything they want to. They have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage. If it did, then yes, the warranty would be voided, but only for that part. If it didn't then they cannot void anything, and they would have to do the work under the warranty.
+1 when I spoke to my dealer they told me that if it wasn't tune related or not suspected to be tune related my car would be fine! I'm using the tune reference because its probably the most debated warranty issue. I've read all dealers are different and some will give you a much harder time than others. If you want peace of mind before you start modding sit down with your service manager and discuss exactly what you plan on doing and how it will or will not effect your warranty. But if you have a catastrophic failure and your tuned, it clearly states your warranty is void. Once you tune it changes many parameters in your computer that would be an uphill battle to fight for your warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
The dealer can void any warranty work they wish, based on modifications done to the vehicle. It will be UP TO YOU to prove them wrong.

How deep are your pockets if it were to come to this?

Most find a dealership that works with modifications. There are dealerships that will...to a point.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The dealer can void any warranty work they wish, based on modifications done to the vehicle. It will be UP TO YOU to prove them wrong.

Most find a dealership that works with modifications. There are dealerships that will...to a point.
That's exactly my point. My dealer clearly explained that if something fails or requires work that is mod related your **** out of luck. Example if you do gears and you have some sort of failure in the diff your screwd! Like I said talk to your dealer and see what will work for you. Everything is to a point like bucko stated.

·
Banned
1,142 Posts
That's a very vague answer. Your best way is to talk to you dealer, you might be very surprised what you can do!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

+1
Yes ask your dealer. My dealer told me it is your car what you do to it outside the dealers doors we know nothing about, But when it come in make it stock again so there is no question when warrantee work comes up. Just hope you can find a dealer as cool as mine!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
can someone list aftermarket part that would voild warranty because im so lost i used have to have a dodge avneger and the only thing voild the warranty was if you tuned it
If your interested te new diablo intune supposedly won't void warranty. As long as you reset to stock the dealer can't tell it was ever tuned. This is coming straight from diablo sport, I called they answered then I bought. Best value by far, you really can't grasp the difference a tune makes until you actually do it

·
Registered
759 Posts

It's actually the exact opposite. It's UP TO THE DEALER to prove that the mod caused the damage. If the dealer cannot provide enough evidence that the mod caused the damage, then the part is still under warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer said I have to order stuff from ford racing and have them put it on to keep the warranty.

I feel like a kid "my dealer said"

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
It's actually the exact opposite. It's UP TO THE DEALER to prove that the mod caused the damage. If the dealer cannot provide enough evidence that the mod caused the damage, then the part is still under warranty.
Nope. Your wrong. A dealer can refuse to perform warranty repair if they feel a mod, or action that the owner did was the cause of the failure.
It will be up to you to fight this decision. Don't believe this? Ask your dealer, or better, read your warranty papers.

I hope this never happens to anyone, as it becomes an issue of who may have deeper pockets to fight it in court if it has to go that far. You have recourse with the regional service rep if you cannot work it out with the current or other dealership.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nope. Your wrong. A dealer can refuse to perform warranty repair if they feel a mod, or action that the owner did was the cause of the failure.
It will be up to you to fight this decision. Don't believe this? Ask your dealer, or better, read your warranty papers.

I hope this never happens to anyone, as it becomes an issue of who may have deeper pockets to fight it in court if it has to go that far. You have recourse with the regional service rep if you cannot work it out with the current or other dealership.
Nope, I'm not going to go back and forth with you over this, but if you read up on federal law regarding warrants, the dealership must do the research into the mod, and prove to the customer that it caused the damage. They can't just pop the hood and see a CAI and be like "oh, you added that yourself, sorry, can't fix your broken belt". They actually have to prove that the CAI caused the issue. Now, some dealerships may not be trustworthy, and will try to get out of any warranty work if they believe the customer doesn't know the law/warranty regulations, but legally they cannot do that.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
+1, that is why I so far have only looked at items they will install. One Item didn't come from Ford Racing and they had me order it and they will install it when I get the car back to them. I could have done it myself in several hours but that will do it for $75. At my age, money well spend.

Be nice to your service folks, they like these Mustangs

·
Registered
272 Posts

Actually if you read the warranty you will see that Ford participates in the BBB arbitration process. There is no cost so, the depth of your pockets does not enter into it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Actually if you read the warranty you will see that Ford participates in the BBB arbitration process. There is no cost so, the depth of your pockets does not enter into it.
Yes you are correct....but if they rule in favour of ford its a final none contested decision. If you also read your manual under warranty you will see that tunes etc can deny you warranty work, in turn going through the process of the arbitrator, in turn if you lose your ****ed! Ford has been in the business a very long time and I think they have their butts covered pretty dam good! Ford is a billion dollar company and will have every angle covered as far as the law is concerned!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes you are correct....but if they rule in favour of ford its a final none contested decision. If you also read your manual under warranty you will see that tunes etc can deny you warranty work, in turn going through the process of the arbitrator, in turn if you lose your ****ed! Ford has been in the business a very long time and I think they have their butts covered pretty dam good! Ford is a billion dollar company and will have every angle covered as far as the law is concerned!
Actually, you are not bound by the arbitration decision but, if you accept it, Ford is. If you do not accept it, you can then pursue other remedies under the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Actually, you are not bound by the arbitration decision but, if you accept it, Ford is. If you do not accept it, you can then pursue other remedies under the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.
Good luck. Hope you have deep pockets! I don't know what the laws are in the states but here its binding to both you and Ford!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.