Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go with a super charger but not sure which one. My engine is new but mostly stock besides some bolt ons. I wanna get cams for my car as well at the same time what would be the best set up for a mean idle with the cams and a nice whine for supercharger. Also how high of boost can I run with this set up on stock everything else.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Anything forged? The block can handle 400-50hp

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope block is stock for now so I want the cheapest way to do it for now and not worry about ****ing my girl up hahah. Best websites and links would be appreciated would like to get her running by summer! Thanks

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I wouldn't push your block to far boost I would say 7-10

American muscle. Late model restoration. Cj pony parts. Summit racing.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
The block can hold up to that much power, but if it is a DD you don't want to go past 350

·
Registered
620 Posts
The block can handle way more than that.

Like 700.

It's the internals and heads that top out at 450 rwhp.
Yep, the blocks are rated for 650-700 HP. It's more so your internals (rods - pistons - rings - ect. ) I'd be worried about. Stock compression ratio is like 9.4:1 isnt it that year? So he can probably safely run like 12 PSI on stock.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Well if your going with mild cams, I wouldn't even do anything crazy. Just get proper cams for a boosted gt. stage 1 if they have them. Run 8 PSI, It's going to be a lot for a little.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Skip the cams no point your build.

Just go sc until you are ready to build heads and bottom end.

Or do that first.
Well Agreed, It's not really worth it. Unless your building internals your not going to get the Horsepower to $$ ratio. Get a charger, Kennebell is my personal prefrence, and get your car tuned properly. Car will be awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts