Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I buy my supercharger (intercooled) kit from vortech $5138. Can I swith the blower to a 5.4 with not than many modifications? I know on the five oh's the blower sits on the other side & the impeller spins the opposite way. It costs like a grand to have it reversed. I just want to know if Icould swap my blower onto a 5.4 without serious modifications? Thanks for your help! :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think I would ask the tech's at Vortech, they would be able to give you the best accurate awnser honestly.

Then you wouldnt be chancing blowing sumthing up or cracking a blower seal in the process!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
5k for a vortech.. what all are you getting from them.. for that you can get a custom turbo with dyno tune and injectors/fuel pump upgrades etc

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to, but I have to pass smog! vortechsuperchargers.com They drop like $1000 every four years. The 96-98's are alot cheaper. I have to wait for them to drop.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ewww forgot about smog, we dont have any sort of test here thank goodness

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree, call Vortech on this one.

For that price, I would invest in an ATI ProCharger - I just put the full system on my 02' vert for about $4500.00 and that includes a custom tune from Jerry of SuperChips.

I'm putting down 365rwhp/390ft-lbs - I will get ETs this next season when we head out to Norwalk.

Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it the intercooled one? How much was just the kit?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you want to do it right i would get my own fuel system so you know the components will be good. and of course a dyno tune by some one really good like ^ did or alberto.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alot of companies like Kenne Bell come with all that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!~

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes !!! The 4.6 Vortech kit will fit the 5.4 with very minor modifications... We just got done doing that swap on a friends car using a JT trim and just had to clearance a small portion of the mounting bracket...

In my opinion:

- > for a street/strip car, with the emphasis on longevity and component quality I would go with the vortech

- > for a race car or limited street car, I would go for either an F series Pro Charger or NOVI 2000 blower.

Just a little more perspective from somebody who has worked on this particular swap. I hope that helps some.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep what xtjc said. there are a few but its very minor changes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, make sure your fuel system can handle it in the first place. Pick up the lightning maf (90mm) with some 42# injectors and an svt focus fuel pump will handle 10 lbs of boost with the aftercooler. If you want to go with more power in the future then I would STRONGLY urge you to get the cobra fuel tank setup.

I plan on doing that in a few years with a modular 5.0 shortblock to replace the 4.6 :) Then I'll rebuild my stocker for a backup or just sell it. At that point I can really crank up the boost.

·
Registered
97 Posts
dang, before going to that website, i was all for the vortech supercharger, but that HP Stage 1 Twin Turbo kit looks pretty nice.....$6000+ though...... :cry:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My GT has plenty of power for me the way it is! I don't need any supercharger.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rick0636 said:
My GT has plenty of power for me the way it is! I don't need any supercharger.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!! No such thing as enough power :p:

·
Registered
583 Posts
RDS02Stang said:
I'm putting down 365rwhp/390ft-lbs - I will get ETs this next season when we head out to Norwalk.
DIZZAMN!! nice man.. one of these days I will have a 400 hp car like you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
xtremejc said:
- > for a street/strip car, with the emphasis on longevity and component quality I would go with the vortech.
ditto.. vortech has awsome customer relations also, if for some reason you do happen to break one of their products they will make you a great deal.. my friend's blew up and they upgraded him from A to S trim for free they just charged him the regular price for a rebuild (it was out of warrenty)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts