Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 99 cobra with a vortech supercharger and l need some help about the s/c pulley size. Right now lm running 8psi and lm trying to get a 10psi pulley. so, l was wondering if someone knows what size it should be? and how to measure it? Do u measure inside the ribs or out side the ribs? I'll apreciate all the help, thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
What size pulley are you running now and how many ribs?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

A change in one pulley size will usually effect boost 1-2 PSIG... down in diameter, up in boost and vice versa.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, its a 6 rib now, and l tried to measure it but l did'nt know if u suposed to do it from the inside or outside the ribs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man thanks for help! Im gonna try to measure it like that and see what size is it, and thanks for the link!

·
Registered
397 Posts
This isn't rocket surgery.....8lbs is about a 4" pulley, or there abouts. may want to take a tap measure to it. But thats what I started out with on my procharger. if you're looking for 10lbs. you'll want to call vortech up and order a 3.8" pulley. 2 tenths will get you 2lbs.

Right now, I've progressed to a 3.2" pulley on my procharger running 14lbs.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to speak up.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

nevermind how many ribs it is or should be. it should be the same amount all your other OEM pulleys are, so about 6-8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts