Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Have some friends with it and they like it. I am installing a Paxton. Which is made by same people. The vortech though unless upgrade the head unit is smaller then the standard Paxton. Hence why I choose the Paxton.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, to start the conversation...the thing y'all want to know is the power, right? I ran a dyne baseline and went from rear wheel HP of 373 to 496. I am thrilled and it is way more than I expected. I worked with Vortech on some initial tuning and pulley issues, but am happy to report we are now good. The car is grandma smooth with idle and normal feeling tooling around and just cruising. But, get into bossy and hold on...slingshot best describes it. Next up is a full Ford Racing suspension kit...cheers!

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
496? Makes me think you don't have one then. Or you don't have a 2011. Or who ever tuned it is the worse in the world. I have few buddies that put this on basically stock cars and made 600whp. That is with the stock pulley that came with the kit.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
So, to start the conversation...the thing y'all want to know is the power, right? I ran a dyne baseline and went from rear wheel HP of 373 to 496. I am thrilled and it is way more than I expected. I worked with Vortech on some initial tuning and pulley issues, but am happy to report we are now good. The car is grandma smooth with idle and normal feeling tooling around and just cruising. But, get into bossy and hold on...slingshot best describes it. Next up is a full Ford Racing suspension kit...cheers!
So tell us more. Any issues with the Mustang itself? Who installed it? Why did you pick Vortech versus other S/C?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
avengnd said:
So tell us more. Any issues with the Mustang itself? Who installed it? Why did you pick Vortech versus other S/C?
A shop in San Jose, ca called Z
Car Garage. We had issues with mis aligned pulleys and tunes that were rough when the engine was cold. I'd say I'm at a 9 on the latest vortech tune and the pulley issues appear solved. I looked at other blowers and almost went with the ford racing unit, but it was much more expensive with no genuine benefit. The vortech is almost dead quiet, which is exactly what I wanted-a real sleeper. I would highly recommend their kit. 

·
Registered
572 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
496? Makes me think you don't have one then. Or you don't have a 2011. Or who ever tuned it is the worse in the world. I have few buddies that put this on basically stock cars and made 600whp. That is with the stock pulley that came with the kit.
LOL PLUS 1. I almost make that with bolt ons hahahahha

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hey fellas, excuse the lack of knowledge, my excuse is I have a 07 GT 4.6L, but please tell me: What is the "stock" HP of the 2011 5.0 out of the shop?? want to know cause that 496HP does not sound that high to me either.:confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts