Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the vortech supercharger fit if I have a Ford Racing CAI installed? Thinking of getting my hands on one.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Tyrannax said:
Will the vortech supercharger fit if I have a Ford Racing CAI installed? Thinking of getting my hands on one.
Nope, the vortech replaces the intake tube so no the ford racing cai would be completely replaced

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I thought that was the case. Well, in that case I'm not so interested. :/

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Haha I knw! You don't wanna loose you CAI because the 100 hp more of the supercharge will replace it lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
Haha I'm saving up for a vortech, I'm gonna get the support mods first though, new cams heads and rear end and cuz it sits in front of the engine I want the shaker hood scoop, even though right now I found the roush hood scoop for like 60

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Atrav83 said:
Haha I'm saving up for a vortech, I'm gonna get the support mods first though, new cams heads and rear end and cuz it sits in front of the engine I want the shaker hood scoop, even though right now I found the roush hood scoop for like 60
Yea get the supporting mods first like stronger build engine, rear end, tires, ect then get the blower

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't feel like spending 3500 dollars for something that will replace one of my current mods regardless of its benefits.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Maybe not, but 3500 dollars of replacement performance vs stacking it on doesn't appeal to me. Besides, I'd buy a GT if I was really concerned with being faster. Haha. I'm alright with my v6's speed, but it didn't hurt to ask about upgrading.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Tyrannax said:
Maybe not, but 3500 dollars of replacement performance vs stacking it on doesn't appeal to me. Besides, I'd buy a GT if I was really concerned with being faster. Haha. I'm alright with my v6's speed, but it didn't hurt to ask about upgrading.
I agree I would never waste my money supercharging or turboing my v6! I'll get basic bolt ons but if I'm gona spend that much then I'm getting a V8

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree I would never waste my money supercharging or turboing my v6! I'll get basic bolt ons but if I'm gona spend that much then I'm getting a V8
Or fork out the extra 15,000 or so for the Boss. Haha.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For me I don't look at my baby as just a v6, she's my project! Haha that's why I want like spending the money and doing the work on it,but everyone is different

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True! We have to work for our speed. We didn't buy it outright!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Atrav83 said:
Exactly and I'm 18 so I can't afford a v8 either lol
Haha, I'm in the exact same boat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Atrav83 said:
For me I don't look at my baby as just a v6, she's my project! Haha that's why I want like spending the money and doing the work on it,but everyone is different
Love the way you think. I'm on my second s197 model v6. I'm turning this one into my 5.0 project in about a year and a half once I've got all the money saved up for the coyote racing engine and then I get to redo the entire car. It's going to get my mind busy and give me something fun to work with. I've recently become very obsessive with my car if you can't tell and it's the one thing I own worth anything.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Panhead_77 said:
Love the way you think. I'm on my second s197 model v6. I'm turning this one into my 5.0 project in about a year and a half once I've got all the money saved up for the coyote racing engine and then I get to redo the entire car. It's going to get my mind busy and give me something fun to work with. I've recently become very obsessive with my car if you can't tell and it's the one thing I own worth anything.
That's awesome, keep us posted on the build! I hope to have my supercharger in a yearish, I'm in school so its hard to save up that much money

1 - 19 of 19 Posts