Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently live in Italy was stationed here and I just sold my Audi A4 because I have always wanted one basically! Well my new GT is on it's way here from the states and I am looking for some advice. I will be going from a 2011 A4 with Quattro to a 2013 Mustang gt premium with the track package and recaro seats in red candy metallic! My questions are will I be in total shock when comes to handling or pleasantly surprised? I realized when i made the choice I would be giving up some creature comforts and handling for awesome power but i am wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch. Also I still haven't seen a red candy metallic mustang around here and the pictures seem to be so differing. Has anyone seen the color in person and does it look awesome??? My car isn't even here yet and I'm already driving my wife crazy, but I just can't wait to get it in and start the modding!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
So I currently live in Italy was stationed here and I just sold my Audi A4 because I have always wanted one basically! Well my new GT is on it's way here from the states and I am looking for some advice. I will be going from a 2011 A4 with Quattro to a 2013 Mustang gt premium with the track package and recaro seats in red candy metallic! My questions are will I be in total shock when comes to handling or pleasantly surprised? I realized when i made the choice I would be giving up some creature comforts and handling for awesome power but i am wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch. Also I still haven't seen a red candy metallic mustang around here and the pictures seem to be so differing. Has anyone seen the color in person and does it look awesome??? My car isn't even here yet and I'm already driving my wife crazy, but I just can't wait to get it in and start the modding!!!!!
Wow lol we have the excact same car! Nice choice

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It's a completely different vehicle. The audi will have different characteristics being awd and less power obviously. If you learn to drive the mustang fast, you will love it. Just remember to have fun with it. They're meant to be beat on from time to time! Enjoy.

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
I can relate. I have an m3 and a mustang. I can tell you that the mustangs interior and lack of comfort gets old quick. And i never feel like i can use the mustang for anything work related because it looks so cheap inside. But the less I drive the m3, the more I don't mind the mustangs interior. Handling...yeah the mustang feels like an old caddy compared to my m3. Suspension components will be on your short list for sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! The cheap feel and handling are my biggest worries for sure!!! Just hoping I'm not disappointed but I can think of 420 reasons off the top of my head haha

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Thanks! The cheap feel and handling are my biggest worries for sure!!! Just hoping I'm not disappointed but I can think of 420 reasons off the top of my head haha
The suspension can be fixed. The interior really can't be fixed. As long as your ok with the interior, then you'll be ok.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you do anything to your suspension? With the track pack what should be first for suspension mods? I already know I will be getting at least an axle back exhaust first but was considering a short throw shifter second suspension sounds like a good second or third option

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
I just ordered koni's, steeda sport springs, panhard bar and steeda upper strut mounts. If I have traction issues, then I'll look into lca's and maybe an uca. people get way too carried away with suspension on here though. If your not consistently tracking the car. What I mentioned above is way more than enough.

Even with the items above though, I don't think it will out handle the m3. But it'll be 1,000 times better than stock. That's all I'm after.

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Did you do anything to your suspension? With the track pack what should be first for suspension mods? I already know I will be getting at least an axle back exhaust first but was considering a short throw shifter second suspension sounds like a good second or third option
Springs, shocks and struts. Panhard bar if your rear is not center after the install, and upper strut mounts if you want or need them. Some people will tell you different, some will agree. Will your car see a track often?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No maybe a few times a year max. Gotta look into it more being in Europe everything is more expensive!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I can relate. I have an m3 and a mustang. I can tell you that the mustangs interior and lack of comfort gets old quick. And i never feel like i can use the mustang for anything work related because it looks so cheap inside. But the less I drive the m3, the more I don't mind the mustangs interior. Handling...yeah the mustang feels like an old caddy compared to my m3. Suspension components will be on your short list for sure.
you really not like the interior? :( I like it! lol or did you just get a basic ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't been in a gt premium yet however Audi is known for their interior and everything is luxurious and solid and built with driver comfort in mind it's not to take anything away the from mustang but there is a reason an Audi or BMW that can match the mustang on the track cost $30k or more than the mustang. But once again that engine and look won me over especially considering I have wanted one since I was a kid

·
Registered
182 Posts
The red metallic paint is beautiful that was on my first 13 that I owned , you'll love the way it shines also I actually love the interior of the mustang and I work at Mercedes and see there interior everyday , mustang defiantly is nice

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear that the interior was my biggest worry by far!!!! Followed by handling!!!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I think I will love that red too!!! The Ford site doesn't do it justice!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Candy red is an amazing color! I had to choose between performance white and candy red when I bought mine. I ended up with white, but only because I've never had a white car and wanted to give it a try, otherwise I would have chosen candy red over silver, grey, or GHIG. I really wanted deep impact blue but I got over it quick.

As far as suspension goes, everyone will give you different opinions. I prefer the FRPP suspension myself, but then again I only have roush or FRPP parts on my car. I like to stick with parts that are still made and tested by ford themselves because there is rare a time when the parts don't fit perfectly and work well. That being said, the adjustable handling pack from ford makes a HUGE difference and won't have you bouncing all over the road from the springs being stiff. It's good for a 1" drop all the way around which is perfect in my opinion. Corners are tighter, car is much more predictable, and it's much more reserved at high speeds(100+). That's just my .02

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Springs, shocks and struts. Panhard bar if your rear is not center after the install, and upper strut mounts if you want or need them. Some people will tell you different, some will agree. Will your car see a track often?
Well I know I dropped my car a lot lower than you will be, but without the LCA and relobrackets my traction was so bad it wasn't funny post suspension. I also didn't go cheap either.

After changing that out was an immediate change. Car just hooks the road instantly. I am gonna be switching out my UCA soon and hope that fixes the clunking drive shaft(mine got really bad post drop) and she hooks even better.

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Well I know I dropped my car a lot lower than you will be, but without the LCA and relobrackets my traction was so bad it wasn't funny post suspension. I also didn't go cheap either.

After changing that out was an immediate change. Car just hooks the road instantly. I am gonna be switching out my UCA soon and hope that fixes the clunking drive shaft(mine got really bad post drop) and she hooks even better.
Yeah. With your drop, your lca's were probably all messed up! That's one of the reasons I chose a smaller drop. I don't know, I might still need lca's and a relo bracket. We will see soon I guess.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Yeah. With your drop, your lca's were probably all messed up! That's one of the reasons I chose a smaller drop. I don't know, I might still need lca's and a relo bracket. We will see soon I guess.
Yeah haha. Let us know. Excited for the pictures. Installing yourself?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts