Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my car Ford mustang GT 2006 , i wants a spare or one extra key for my car, i have locked my keys in the car and had to force open as i did not have spare key with me at the time so i want the extra key for car. so i badly needs a locksmith who can provide me the key if anyone have some idea of the best services locksmith kindly suggest me about it.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
First off, if you ever get lock out of your car and its at home or you have the time, ford can make you a new key with the VIN, doesn't have to be chipped just a key to unlock the door

Now for the chipped key, you can get off of eBay, but I think your dealer might need to program it, which was the case with my chevy cobalt

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
First off, if you ever get lock out of your car and its at home or you have the time, ford can make you a new key with the VIN, doesn't have to be chipped just a key to unlock the door

Now for the chipped key, you can get off of eBay, but I think your dealer might need to program it, which was the case with my chevy cobalt
100% accurate

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have 2 remotes. Both unlock the doors and open the trunk.
But only have 1 key. As long as I don't put the extra remote in my car and lock my key inside, I'll be fine.
##Nothing worse than leaving your mustang at home with your Gf while you go to Florida for work and giving her both sets of keys and remotes, only for her to put the spare in the glove box(******) and lock the other set inside too.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have 2 remotes. Both unlock the doors and open the trunk.
But only have 1 key. As long as I don't put the extra remote in my car and lock my key inside, I'll be fine.
##Nothing worse than leaving your mustang at home with your Gf while you go to Florida for work and giving her both sets of keys and remotes, only for her to put the spare in the glove box(******) and lock the other set inside too.
As soon as they leave the kitchen they mess everything up

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
If you want a new key to simply open the doors and not turn on the car then get a blank online from like Ebay and go to a local key shop and have them cut it, the blank is no more than $5 and our local place will cut blanks for $2 a key... Now that won't turn on the car because it doesn't have the chip in it, that will be a lot more, and if its the same PATS system (Not sure of the system on your car) then you need 2 keys to program it yourself, otherwise you need to get a new one programed from a pro which will cost around $80.... I just went through all of this less than 2 weeks ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts