Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i add subs to my system and will they work i have the subs now but i have heard a bunch of different things like you cann't add to that system or some say you can .can somebody please help me thanks

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
its pretty easy mine are wired for subs but... for some odd reason i kept getting inconsistant bass... it would hit hard then not so hard so i got tired of it and grew up a bit and realized performace > stereo so I sold it.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
mach 460 = teh suck. if you want a system, do it right and gut the factory crap. get all new speakers, wiring, amp, subs, head unit. all that stuff

then you know it'll work

·
Registered
800 Posts
Our Mach1 is wired to the Mach460 w/ Stock everyything minus a Pioneer 10" Sub thats fabricated to look like its stock and came in the car from factory if your looking from the outside to the trunk you cant tell there is anything added to it. And it hits everytime, just have to make sure its hooked up properly to the correct AMPS in the back with the 460, we had it hit every once in a while too, but then took it to our regular stereo shop here in town and had it rewired and it really pushed the bass out good!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the mach 460 is a nice system if you could care less about having a super expenisve sound system... the only reason I got it was to get out of the sound system crap phase.... and the 6 cd in dash changer (440 for the whole thing is not bad) all that sound crap is for little young teenagers 99% of people grow out of it... so dont waste to much money into it.

it doesnt sound amazing but its not half bad... I used to have a nice system in my 97 v6 spent a ton on it.. the mach 460 was not nearly as good .... but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"all that sound crap is for little young teenagers"
I am one of those teenagers. Added (2) 10" Kenwood Subs to my Mach System and enjoy it, but want to upgrade to a 900 watt mono Rockford amp and (2) 12" 1800 watt Power Acoutik subs, will that be a good combo?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I just got a SPL 1800watts rms amp and 2 Infinity Perfects 12'' :D But I have to wire it to 4 ohm so Im only pushing 900 watts, dont want to over power the subs too much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
since a lot of you have upgraded, doesanyone have a pair of stock bass amps for sale ? my 96 convt. with the 460 mach system has decided to only use the bass amps after the car warns up inside. Had the head unit looked at. Checked out okay. They say it's the amps. but would both stop working at the same time or are they wired daisy chained???? I don't know?? :confused: I'll put this on new post.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
^ you know, you can place that pic in ur sig, so you don't have to keep attaching it...

Just go to User CP, upload signature.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts