Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically this. I have a v6 standard, 2012, and am looking for a driveshaft from a 2013 that will fit in my car, or after market. I know a lot of people have swapped out there 13 shafts, and I want to buy one.

PM me or post here, the last guy I was talking to about it disappeared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
UltArc said:
Specifically this. I have a v6 standard, 2012, and am looking for a driveshaft from a 2013 that will fit in my car, or after market. I know a lot of people have swapped out there 13 shafts, and I want to buy one.

PM me or post here, the last guy I was talking to about it disappeared.
Why a 13 just wondering ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little less rotational mass. It isn't much, but I am preparing for a 1200 mile trip to get two 600 mile tanks out of my car, and could use rhe extra boost-especially if someone else has no use for it. A little more efficient for me, extra cash for some aluminum to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,171 Posts
primer2tone said:
600 miles to a tank! How far can you get on a tank right now?
Holy crap... I get 150 if I'm lucky (v8). 600 would be really impressive for any car!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
UltArc said:
A little less rotational mass. It isn't much, but I am preparing for a 1200 mile trip to get two 600 mile tanks out of my car, and could use rhe extra boost-especially if someone else has no use for it. A little more efficient for me, extra cash for some aluminum to them.
Damn 600 miles on a tank? That's really impressive. My friends ford escort didn't even get that good of gas mileage going to Arizona
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
primer2tone said:
600 miles to a tank! How far can you get on a tank right now?
Over 500. Highway right now is about 36 mpg at speed limit. I just installed a new air dam under my splitter, and I am gathering materials for my full belly pan. In the spring when I get my new Roush rims and drop it an inch, we are going to hit 37+ mpg for the tank. I think she COULD do it now, I tried driving the speed limit today and she held 36-38 in crap weather. But I don't want to maybe get it, I want to hit 600, get off the highway, fill up, go to sleep, and do it over again. Without a doubt, crush the 600 mile point.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

nhcowboy said:
Holy crap... I get 150 if I'm lucky (v8). 600 would be really impressive for any car!!
Ah, I am a six. A LOT of aero mods done, some home brew others professional. I usually can get 500 to a tank, but I try to fill around 400 because of the fuel pumps in our cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
primer2tone said:
That's crazy! The most I've gotten on my 5.0 is 331. I'd be happy with 500. Lol
Ah, but you have the 5.0. How much fuel did it take? I mean, IF it took 16.5, that is 20 mpg, which is better than a LOT of 6ers on here.

2% aero increase equals 1% highway mpg increase up to 10% aero, then steadily increases. A 65% aero increase equals 64.63% better highway fuel economy, results are based off of a GM SAE paper established by drag changes run on the EPA establishing test stAnDard.

I can get more info if you want, but based on your fuel, it seems pretty good, since a lot of 6s get 17 mpg range lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wheelman said:
Trade it for a V6
If you check out my fuel log, that site has about 40+ mods that can help, and a lot of driving tips.

Be prepared, about 80% of the mods will not apply if you want to keep a good looking stang. And I use maybe 25% of the driving techniques. I can post images of my car and point out some particular stuff. And don't be surprised about people, well, not appreciating power AND fuel economy.

A lot of people won't realize how important aero is for shooting the car and power through the air, or how much it helps during those times on the street when we are just driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
UltArc said:
If you check out my fuel log, that site has about 40+ mods that can help, and a lot of driving tips.

Be prepared, about 80% of the mods will not apply if you want to keep a good looking stang. And I use maybe 25% of the driving techniques. I can post images of my car and point out some particular stuff. And don't be surprised about people, well, not appreciating power AND fuel economy.

A lot of people won't realize how important aero is for shooting the car and power through the air, or how much it helps during those times on the street when we are just driving.
You should post them i dont mind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts
UltArc said:
Anyone have a stock v6 driveshaft from a 2013 available?
Clear out your PM Box. I have some info I need to send you about the LCA'S you purchased from me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UltArc said:
Specifically this. I have a v6 standard, 2012, and am looking for a driveshaft from a 2013 that will fit in my car, or after market. I know a lot of people have swapped out there 13 shafts, and I want to buy one.

PM me or post here, the last guy I was talking to about it disappeared.
Bump.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top