Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I live in Ohio and am looking for a project 5.0 fox body. I've been looking for a while, being a project im on budget. The things for are a a 5.0 with the 5 speed tranny and t-tops (not needed but would like)

If you have one you are looking to get rid of let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have an 88 vert LX that I'd consider selling If I KNEW that it was going to a good home, otherwise Ill keep her for years. mods are minor, I am about to change the clutch. I have done a lot of mech maintenance

I'm in Illinois.

5 speed as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd skip the t-tops, I had an 87 with the factory t-tops and it was a major pain. Just my 2 cents, if I had it to do over again, i'd got for a hardtop car. More rigidity, less body flex in the unibody, and no leaking all the dang time (even after I redid all of the seals and everything).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm also in Ohio, east of Columbus... just found this Fox you might be interested in, the price is right... It's a 4cyl but seems like a decent running, drivable project car.

1987 ford mustang fox body
This is a 4 cylinder, 87', 5 speed manual, fox body stang with 114,000 miles. Minor body damage, highly reliable car. Lots of new parts. Front rotors, front and rear brakes, drum cylinders, radiator, water pump, motor mounts. oil changed every 3000 miles since I bought it in late 2011. Lucas oil tretment every other oil change.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad to help out another gearhead, no problem buddy!

I hope it works out for you, $1,500 for a car that just RUNS, during tax season... that's a rare find around here!

·
Registered
41 Posts
05stangGT said:
Hey all,

I live in Ohio and am looking for a project 5.0 fox body. I've been looking for a while, being a project im on budget. The things for are a a 5.0 with the 5 speed tranny and t-tops (not needed but would like)

If you have one you are looking to get rid of let me know.

Thanks
I have an 84 5.0 with T-5 and new diff and gears
For 2800 im in So. Cal

1 - 20 of 32 Posts