Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my car, I immediately went online to see what kind of upgrades I could do to it. I did a google search but I don't remember what I put in as my criteria. One of the first sites I came across advertised a chrome mesh cover that either replaces or goes on top of my side vents. They also had one for the hood as well. I assumed at the time that I would find a ton of these.....I assumed wrong. I haven't been able to find them since. Even though the vents aren't being used, I hate the fact that it's not disguised a little more to at least have the appearance that they are actually used. Any ideas on what I can do?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you could get side scoops too from body kit companies such as xenon, saleen, rousch, cervinis... things like that. Check out www.cal-mustang.com in the appearance or body kit section... that might give you some ideas. I wouldnt recommend those chrome overlays... they look kind of hokey to me

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
They are on ebay, at least last time i was lookin at mustang stuff, but as always ebay is a sort of toss up, esp for appearance items like that.

I think I'm with zim, id say no to those, but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really didn't want the chrome overlays either. I was using that as an example of something I found. I really haven't found many different choices out there.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just go somewhere that has body kits and look for new side vents. There's a few out there

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Bullitt side scoops give them a shaved look.
Saleen give them a tuner look. (I reccomend a grille.)
The Mach 1 extends the side scoops.

Alot of choices out there. And those chrome covers you were talking about, check out SS Inserts. They sell them at $73.00 and they are not chrome, but rather stainless steel.

And here are the pictures if someone wants to know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw those on the SS Inserts web site. Not the ones I originally saw. The ones I saw was like a wire mesh. Dense enough so you couldn't see through them but the holes were big enough to appear to be functional vents. I just don't like the plastic inserts. I would actually prefer a black wire cover of some sort....to match my black car.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes....I do like that better! Who would of thought that a piece of GutterGuard could do so much? It's multifunctional....it keeps the gutters clean by day and makes your car look better at night.

Thanks Dom!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts