Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been shopping around for a while, and ive found a nice GT that i might wanna look at getting. Its an 02 GT with 79k on the clock, all black, with 3.90 posi trac, short throw shifter, and the standard american muscle CAI. My car is a 2000 V6 (obviously) convertible with 60k on the clock, K&N CAI, VAP auto intake spacer, and SCT SF3 tuner. i was wondering about how much i could get for it. The top is in fair condition, the wheels are stock GT split spokes, with brand new kumho tires. i was hoping to maybe get about 7k for it, but was wondering if that was too high. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Way to high man..Id wouldnt pay over 5k for it. But hey you never know theres always those idiots out there searching..Id reccomend cleaning it up really good n try 6k obo..goodluck bro!

·
Registered
492 Posts
According to KBB, private sell around $6000, trade in around $4500. It is real hard to get any value out of the tuner and CAI. Maybe a kittle for the wheels and tires.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Really the only people who are going to pay extra for a car with aftermarket parts are high school kids (like me), but not many kids are going to have 6 grand.

·
Registered
532 Posts
aegischief said:
According to KBB, private sell around $6000, trade in around $4500. It is real hard to get any value out of the tuner and CAI. Maybe a kittle for the wheels and tires.
Keep the tuner and sell it!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Where I live, in the frozen tundra of South Dakota... Any dealership I know of would be selling that car for 30% over book value simply because good clean mustangs are HARD to find HERE, and they go for premium prices. Private party sales are also inflated simply due to local supply and demand.

Here is just one example... 2004 Ford Mustang

and another... 01 GT SALVAGE title $8k http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/2715062348.html

Selling your Mustang? Put it on a trailer and drive to South Dakota HAHAHA!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha let me just find a trailer big enough! And I bought it for about 7k back in June, so I'm hoping I may be able to get as much. Mustangs tend to go for a good amount here in NC so im hoping to get lucky again. Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
185 Posts
you got a few things working against you. #1 lets face it its a V6 and in the used car market they just dont really draw a crowd except for daddy maybe buying it for his teenager, #2 its a V6 with mods... RED FLAG!!!! the last thing daddy wants to see in the mustang he is about to buy his teen age daughter or son are mods. mods mean its probably been abused or will encourage the son to develop bad driving habits. when people go to buy a GT they mentally prepare themselves to see a mod of some sort.. an intake, a short shifter exc. but on a 6 it just rubs most people the wrong way. The best thing your car has going for it is the fact its a convertible! ...Make that your selling point. Anything performance wise that you can take back off and sell on line DO IT! it will actually add appeal back to your car and put monies back in your pocket that you would have NEVER seen back. And I didnt check your profile but if its a stick than emphasize that. lots of people love stick shift V6's believe it or not they are way less common than the auto at least in a v6 convertible.

·
Registered
384 Posts
you got a few things working against you. #1 lets face it its a V6 and in the used car market they just dont really draw a crowd except for daddy maybe buying it for his teenager, #2 its a V6 with mods... RED FLAG!!!! the last thing daddy wants to see in the mustang he is about to buy his teen age daughter or son are mods. mods mean its probably been abused or will encourage the son to develop bad driving habits.
Valid points. The ONLY reason I bought my 2001 v6 was because I could find no evidence to indicate that it was not 100% unmodified. When I pulled out the spark plugs they were worn to nubs, I think they were the originals.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, both of you have valid points. Fortunately where i live all it is is people driving tuner cars and the like so i should be able to part with her fairly easy. Where i work we have nights where i see multiple mustangs park and get together along with SRT4s, and civic si(s). Just a matter of where i advertise i suppose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts