Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some suggestions on what kind of plenum to get. I have seen C&L like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2456419588

and i have seen one from trickflow, and a few other places. which one is the best?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
would you consider buying th C&L one because it's pretty cheap on ebay. It's usually about $100 more.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is the trickflow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33557&item=2457396495

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I actully wanted a C&L, at the time I got it it was the only one available that I knew of, now there is also an accufab one on the market. This trick flow must be new, looks like they almost directly copied the C&L really, doesn't say what sized tbody its designed for, but I bet its the 75mm. I ended up getting a ported stock plenum done by Alameda Racing in LA. It seems to do the job quite well. its ported for a 70mm tbody which is what I have and I really didn't want to spend a lot more money for another larger tbody.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i'll just get either one. i don't think it really matters. but i think i will do a little research before i do anything. thanks rick

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The accufab intake is aftermarket, but looks more like a ported stock intake, and its designed for a 70mm tbody. If I had had a 75mm tbody, or was still running my stock tbody, I would more than likely have gotten a C&L plenum since I am a C&L fan from way back, I have their maf and their true flow inlet pipe already, also had the C&L 73mm v6 maf.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have decided that i am going to get c&l. i have heard alot of good things about them. but thats for your info rick

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well, when I got my tbody, 70mm was the recommended size for optimal performance, 75mm was considered overkill unless you were going to supercharge at least, and aftermarket plenums were unheard of, ported stock was all that was available. I just didn't want to invest almost 200 in the C&L, then another 200 or more in another throttle body.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd like the stocker if you want to get rid of it.
I'd think ported stockers w/welding and or a raised plate
would be just as good as anything out there, within limits.
A really great elbow would be much taller :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Robert, you still have those 4.6L heads man? What kind of price you looking for, and what is the set up on them, 99+ heads? oversized valves or stock, what about cams?

·
Registered
111 Posts
get the C&L with the accufab 75mm TB. great pieces right there. The Accufab plenum has been dyno tested to make the same amount of power as a C&L, but it is more expensive and lookes like a polished stock piece. So i went with the C&L, cheaper and has that clean cast look.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have the C&L true flow inlet pipe, maf, and an almeda racing ported stock intake with 70mm Mac tbody, I have a pic that shows it all here not sure if you can tell what it all is, but here it is. Note: Alameda ported intake plenum is wearing a Steeda plenum name plate for looks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the 4.6 engine is nothing but wires :| nothing against your car rick, i'm just saying in general...but yes thats about what mine will look like for th emost part when i am done...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Oh well, at least we don't have a lot of spark plug wires all over the place, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mine could use a better cleanup, see all the dust on my valve covers, lol.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Autobadges said:
I'd like the stocker if you want to get rid of it.
I'd think ported stockers w/welding and or a raised plate
would be just as good as anything out there, within limits.
A really great elbow would be much taller :D
Hey, my post got listed under Eval's name :(

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have 96 heads Rick, but those are the hot ticket with 99^ cams :D
They have smaller ports that outflow PI heads when ported, and
better velocity. Just right for a 4.6 liter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts