Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Just purchased 2014 GT and I am looking to take the axleback plunge. I am attending a new car clinic at my dealership tonight and plan to inquire as to any warranty implications related to axleback mod. Appreciate any advice or insight for my back pocket is appreciated.

Also, I am leaning towards Borla S or Corsa Sport based on sound clips from all the mainstream contenders. Appreciate insight into any issues with those two.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
New member here. Just purchased 2014 GT and I am looking to take the axleback plunge. I am attending a new car clinic at my dealership tonight and plan to inquire as to any warranty implications related to axleback mod. Appreciate any advice or insight for my back pocket is appreciated.

Also, I am leaning towards Borla S or Corsa Sport based on sound clips from all the mainstream contenders. Appreciate insight into any issues with those two.
If you're gona go that expensive just get ford racing cause it's the same as borla, exact same, but with a cooler tip emblem and you can say you've got 100% ford parts!

·
Registered
720 Posts
FRPP is not Ford so technically it's no better for warranty than any other brand. Although axle backs won't be a problem unless your dealer is a ******. Or the axlebacks are welded shut.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
FRPP is not Ford so technically it's no better for warranty than any other brand. Although axle backs won't be a problem unless your dealer is a ******. Or the axlebacks are welded shut.
Ford racing is a licensed member of ford motor company. And make the best and most durable parts you can find

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is good to know. My Roush axle back gets here tomorrow and it's going on this weekend. Just got my 13 GT on Friday.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ford racing is a licensed member of ford motor company. And make the best and most durable parts you can find
I agree, however they have a separate warranty for their parts.

If you got an FRPP tuner and you blow your engine it won't be covered under your cars warranty.

·
Registered
382 Posts
08Mustang said:
If you're gona go that expensive just get ford racing cause it's the same as borla, exact same, but with a cooler tip emblem and you can say you've got 100% ford parts!
The same? Uh no, flowmaster makes the frpp mufflers not Borla. BIG difference.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I don't know man I'm just speaking in technicalities, don't mind me haha
I mean they're a "member" of FoMoCo but no you can't retain warranty with anything more than an x-pipe or axle back from them so yes their relationship with FoMoCo is kinda borderline I will say

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I spoke with the dealer, no warranty implications for axelback. Engine and ECU mods is another.

I find it hard to believe Flowmaster vice borla makes the FRPP sport. It does not sound like anything flowmaster that I have hear.

Appreciate the replys!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
So I spoke with the dealer, no warranty implications for axelback. Engine and ECU mods is another.

I find it hard to believe Flowmaster vice borla makes the FRPP sport. It does not sound like anything flowmaster that I have hear.

Appreciate the replys!
That's cause he doesn't know what he's talking about, Borla makes the exhausts for Ford Racing

·
Registered
382 Posts

Appreciate the replys!
My mistake! I thot y'all were referring to stock gt500 mufflers. I read that flowmaster makes them. Good luck choosing. I had Borla Ataks for 7 mos & loved them. Great quality.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've got Roush on mine. The great thing about those is they sound nasty and are offered as an OE option.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.