Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone with a MY 2014 and newer vehicle please chime in. I recently purchased a 2017 Mustang GT premium and during the finance portion at the dealership I was told the standard 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper and 5yr/60k mile power train didn't exist anymore. Rather it was now based on a pro-rated scale of coverages. 0-12k miles 100% coverage, 12.1k-24k 80% coverage and so on. And was sold a $4000 protection plan to ensure all components were covered up to 60k miles or 72 months.

In essence, it seems as though the dealership lied and conned me into paying an additional 4 grand for a warranty that gives me the same coverage as a standard ford warranty does. Does anyone have any insight? I called ford headquarters and they confirmed that the standard warranties still apply. Curious if this scenario has happened to anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
sounds fishy to me.....go talk to the dealer/cancel it if they lied to you. My .02 is extended wttys are not worth it. However if you would be unable to repair your car once it's out of Fords wtty period then consider it. However odds are you would do better by just putting $25 a month away for repairs rather than having the seller of the wtty do it for you.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
ps you can get the Ford ESP (Ford wtty) online for prob a better price. Caution, even if you have a wtty doesn't mean they'll cover the problem

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
pps

after you get your $ back never go there again (unless the wtty really did change...look in the manuals you got for what they include) as they are not to be trusted. Important to wait till after then tell them why.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Get your money back (they have to refund it) and run far far away from that dealer after reporting them to Ford and BBB.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Pure rip off. I would demand a refund and have the factory warranty information in hand. If there's any resistance, take them to court and contact the BBB.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a dealer tell me my 3/36k mile bumper to bumper only covered 100% the first year.

Then sold me an extended warranty.

I knew something was up, complained to the owner and finance mgr, refunded my extended and the Finance mgr no longer works there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How can these people do this and sleep at night? Pure evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
77 Posts
The SAD part is if you cancel the extended warranty, the money will go back to the finance company, and your payment will NOT go down the approx. $80/month more you are paying for that extra 4K you borrowed :banghead:

·
Registered
582 Posts
The SAD part is if you cancel the extended warranty, the money will go back to the finance company, and your payment will NOT go down the approx. $80/month more you are paying for that extra 4K you borrowed :banghead:
It has to chip away at it somehow. I assume they'd either apply it to the next however many payments it covers, or less likely, chop it off the principle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for all your input and replies. For whatever reason I can't reply to any post on my galaxy so apologies for the delay. I've been back and forth with ford and they keep giving me the run around in trying to cancel the warranty. They say they'll email me the form then never do. I'll call and they will say they'll call me back and never do. If the dealership wasn't 70 miles away I'd just drive up there but it's less than convenient to say the least. And to the gentleman who stated the refund just goes back to the note and payment doesn't change. You are 100% correct, however, once I can finally get this warranty off I'll be refinancing the car at the lower principal. Which is hoping nets me around $84/m. This hasn't been my first issue with this dealer either. My car is the white platinum and had a few small defects in the rear bumper that I requested be fixed. They painted the bumper 4 times and every time it had spots with missing paint, dirt in the clear, visual paint thickness differences. And as it sits now I have a brand new car in my garage. With a warranty I was scammed into buying. And a bumper with dirt all under the clear because I was so fed up with it being at the dealership. Not to mention the hundreds of extra miles added making the 140 mile trip numerous times.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all your input and replies. For whatever reason I can't reply to any post on my galaxy so apologies for the delay. I've been back and forth with ford and they keep giving me the run around in trying to cancel the warranty. They say they'll email me the form then never do. I'll call and they will say they'll call me back and never do. If the dealership wasn't 70 miles away I'd just drive up there but it's less than convenient to say the least. And to the gentleman who stated the refund just goes back to the note and payment doesn't change. You are 100% correct, however, once I can finally get this warranty off I'll be refinancing the car at the lower principal. Which is hoping nets me around $84/m. This hasn't been my first issue with this dealer either. My car is the white platinum and had a few small defects in the rear bumper that I requested be fixed. They painted the bumper 4 times and every time it had spots with missing paint, dirt in the clear, visual paint thickness differences. And as it sits now I have a brand new car in my garage. With a warranty I was scammed into buying. And a bumper with dirt all under the clear because I was so fed up with it being at the dealership. Not to mention the hundreds of extra miles added making the 140 mile trip numerous times.

I refunded my extended warranty a month or so after purchasing the car. It was very easy. I walked in to the dealership (I know you said that's not the most convenient thing for you, but it is definitely the quickest), filled out the form and that was it. The refund was reflected on my loan within 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
274 Posts

I'm surprised you still got the car. I would've walked away if they couldn't paint a bumper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm surprised you still got the car. I would've walked away if they couldn't paint a bumper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Please, tell me how to walk away from it cause I will, considering the 2018 looks like a drastically revised model lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts