Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to mod my car in any way will it void my warranty? If I go through a Ford dealership will it void my warranty?

This is my first sports car so I'm kinda ignorant on these things. Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I want done is full exhaust. Long tubes back...maybe a cam, and eventually a supercharger.
I wouldn't mind lowering it a couple of inches as well. I'm not sure if a dealer would do that though.
Other than that I think I'm good. Different rims wouldn't hurt, that wouldn't void any kind of warranty would it?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Also, can I just take it in and tell them what I want done, have them order the parts and install? Or do I need to order parts and take them with me to have them install?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

How about a chip? Do dealers even provide that service?

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
First thing I want done is full exhaust. Long tubes back...maybe a cam, and eventually a supercharger.
I wouldn't mind lowering it a couple of inches as well. I'm not sure if a dealer would do that though.
Other than that I think I'm good. Different rims wouldn't hurt, that wouldn't void any kind of warranty would it?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Also, can I just take it in and tell them what I want done, have them order the parts and install? Or do I need to order parts and take them with me to have them install?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

How about a chip? Do dealers even provide that service?

Some dealers do. Check out this link. Like I said if you go through Ford there should not be any problems. If your in doubt ask your service advisor first. Non Ford wheels probably would void the suspension warranty. You can always pull out the fine print.

Sandy Springs Ford - Mustang Packages

1 - 4 of 4 Posts