Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have needed a part (warranty claim) but was denied due to mods your Vehicle have??

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
McQueen said:
How many of you have needed a part (warranty claim) but was denied due to mods your Vehicle have??
Me, took ford to court, had mechanics as friends that are certified for many many things and won. It's a ***** but can be done

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I had ford put two vehicles on a black list after corporate ordered no more work done to them at a dealership. No factory warranty, no 12/12000 warranty on parts that were replaced. They are both being sold this winter.

Btw, both of these vehicles are 100% stock with extensive service records and are used exactly as advertised.

·
Registered
280 Posts
lowflyn said:
I had ford put two vehicles on a black list after corporate ordered no more work done to them at a dealership. No factory warranty, no 12/12000 warranty on parts that were replaced. They are both being sold this winter.

Btw, both of these vehicles are 100% stock with extensive service records and are used exactly as advertised.
That's crazy... I'd go bezerk! I doubt I would buy another Ford after that.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the bmw warranty, they never gave me **** about any of my mods including tune etc...

·
Registered
185 Posts
McQueen said:
I love the bmw warranty, they never gave me **** about any of my mods including tune etc...
That's funny, they told my friend if he drives the car hard it won't be covered. He has a 2011 M3

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
McQueen said:
I'd buy a Ford with no warranty, before I'd buy a foreign car with a life time warranty

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bmw NEVER gave me any mayor problems, mine was super reliable and i drove it hard!!!
My dealer was super cool with mods.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree with buy American 100%. I think one of the foreign car makers have more American car parts in them, Toyota specifically although I would not own one myself. I know when I bought a Hyundai a few months back the motors were made in Alabama. I like the button but sometimes unions have to realize when to stop, like at Hostess. I know the workers were being shafted and it's sad but greed runs and ruins everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly it all depends on the dealer you take it to. I work as a Diesel Tech at a Ford dealership and I have seen managers and service writers make things go warranty even tho the cars were heavily modified. Just saying, keep a good relationship with your dealer and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FordTech5.0 said:
Honestly it all depends on the dealer you take it to. I work as a Diesel Tech at a Ford dealership and I have seen managers and service writers make things go warranty even tho the cars were heavily modified. Just saying, keep a good relationship with your dealer and they will take care of you.
+1 be friendly and give tips!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
We do not allow political discussion as this a Mustang forum. This is also a technical section, please read the posting notices in each sections stickies before posting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
mmike87 said:
Don't drive your M3 hard? Funny.
Y buy a sports car if you can't drive it hard. I told him find a new dealer. I track my car and my dealer knows it. Can't hide the racing decals and roll bar :)
They handle all my warranty claims with no bull****. I only do aero, suspension, and cosmetic mods. I'll do some tuning when my Warranty runs out. For now I love my car

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jza1736 said:
Y buy a sports car if you can't drive it hard. I told him find a new dealer. I track my car and my dealer knows it. Can't hide the racing decals and roll bar :)
They handle all my warranty claims with no bull****. I only do aero, suspension, and cosmetic mods. I'll do some tuning when my Warranty runs out. For now I love my car
Could u post some pics of your boss? It looks bad ass

·
Registered
389 Posts
McQueen said:
Ford parts are made in china lol
Of course cause its cheaper to make. You want American parts you will be paying American price. Also means higher quality.
Everything china makes sucks and lacks in quality

1 - 20 of 31 Posts