1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
My Hands.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you should not sue a sponge, easy way to scratch up the paint. Use a terry type towel (fringe looking so dirt gets trapped under the pieces)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's input. I just had my car detailed the other day, buffed and everything and just trying to keep it pretty. I'm pretty good at cleaning my car and knowing what to use. Anybody got some pointers to help make a black car shine more? I use turtle wax ice for everything

·
Registered
991 Posts
98vertgt said:
Thanks for everyone's input. I just had my car detailed the other day, buffed and everything and just trying to keep it pretty. I'm pretty good at cleaning my car and knowing what to use. Anybody got some pointers to help make a black car shine more? I use turtle wax ice for everything
Just use a good wax. Only thing that makes black deeper is wax or a superior paint job with tons of hours in clear coating and wet sanding. I highly recommend you use a wash that resists water spotting as well, black paint looks terrible covered in water spots..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AgentOrange said:
Just use a good wax. Only thing that makes black deeper is wax or a superior paint job with tons of hours in clear coating and wet sanding. I highly recommend you use a wash that resists water spotting as well, black paint looks terrible covered in water spots..
I use the absorber to dry my car but I was looking into a spot free rinse.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Also use the sheeting method when rinsing to cut down on water spots. It helps a ton and makes the drying process a lot faster and easier.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
black = impossible to keep clean and it shows spider marks, scratches, all that stuff much easier.

when you wash you probably always go in the same circle motion in the same areas, that eventually makes scratches. Try reversing it and before they get bad (twice a year or once a year) go over it with rubbing compound (clear coat safe) after washing with dawn to strip all protection

then finish up with a good protection layer (wax etc), you can get it buffed or buff it yourself lightly as needed, but dont cut the paint as you only have so much clear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts