1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flowmaster 40's and rear cat deletes

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
Watch "03 gt" on YouTube

That sound. One reason why I think Flowmasters are the best mufflers for 2Vs.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I love Flowmasters on old motors. Mod motors... No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Sounds good from outside but personal experience tells me I'd want to rip out my own eardrums on the highway lol.

Dynomax or Magnaflow all the way here if I'm going from scratch.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Surprisingly my SLP Loudmouths are very tame at idle, can't hear them over the Mach 460 on the highway, but will scream when you bury the go fast pedal. Of course at the moment I still have cats. I did notice my flow 10's and flow 40's droned something fierce on the highway in my last Mustang with no cats. Couldn't hold a conversation.

It's just one of those things where you will have a clear divide on taste.

I love the smooth mellow sound of the Magnaflows, but can't stand an off-road xpipe setup as it's just offensive to my ears.

OP add a Mac Prochamber in there and you'll love the beautiful music your stang will make. Flowmasters pair very well with the Prochamber.

All that said, nice car!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
The Dynomax were the same way. Very very tame at idle but they would scream like crazy when you hit the gas. Not as loud as the SLP which is basically a resonator but it was damn good sounding.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I haven't heard any dynomax in person. I do prefer stuff that's tame unless you get into it. My homeowners association throws a fit over my motorcycles being too loud.

I'm surprised none of the guys in the club here run them. Here its Flowmaster 40's or stock....

...though you will see a few sixxers around here with fart cans....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
Watch "03 gt" on YouTube

Same here. Flowmasters dominate my area. Either stock, straight pipe, or flowmasters. One reason why we stopped stocking magnaflows, and other brands, no one wants them.

Pick your poison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts