Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from my road trip yesterday and while i was driving to and back, water would drip on my feet while i was driving periodically.

i was wearing flip-flops while driving so i could feel it everytime. it was hitting both feet, the one on the gas and the one on the dead pedal. i know its water. (well pretty sure). its a clear pretty much odorless liquid.

i looked up there and couldnt really see where it was coming from. also, a couple days before hand, while parked, my car was dripping a lot of water from what seemed the passenger side catalytic converter.

anyone have any ideas what it is? is it bad? (was only dripping on my 10hr drive, not while i was there, so i guess it may have been condensation or something)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The A/C heater core has condensation that builds up on it and there is a drain tube that pours it out right onto the Passanger side cat and exhaust pipe. As far as the water on the foot if it is very cold it is condensation on the A/C vent duct dripping on you foot or if it has just rained you might have a leak in the windshield but that water would be warm and not cold

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Was it, or has it been raining recently, or did you have your A/C running?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had the AC running the whole 10hrs i was driving, so im thinking it was that.

is that a sign my AC is going out, or is that normal for having it on 10hrs straight?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Its probably just normal for high humidity and running it so long, lot of condensation probably built up on it. I wouldn't worry too much unless it continues to be a problem.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thats not normal, i drive 15 hours in my stang from NH - NC with the AC on pretty much the entire way. Never had that happen to me.

I've done about 20 trips back and forth.
Nothing like that ever happend.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
It is condensation. Hey Charles Driving from NH to NC is a whole lot different than driving in Texas trust me I was stationed in Texas in the AF. My trooper would drip from time to time from condenstaion in Mobile, AL. You could have a blockage in the drain and it is backing up, but I doubt it. If it is cooling, not making any unusual noise and you dont smell anti freeze it is probably nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts