Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue? What damage can it cause?

I bought a bad batch of 93oct fuel and the whole car started to **** down. Piedmont custom motorsports believes it to be water. We shall see come later in the week!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey dude. That's a common issue here in the uk when we buy cheaper petrol. Never known it to cause any damage unless you let run right down to the red. There are a number of products you can buy to remove water from the tank. That's what I currently do with my 96 mustang. I use some of that water removal stuff every 3 months

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I dropped it off at my shop, just to be sure! I heard about the water removal products tonight actually! Wish I would have known before. But it never hurts to be sure! Thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so it was not bad gas. My cylinder head is leaking.. Have to pull it all apart. 2000 dollars! Not happy

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I would get a second opinion for sure. Either way, that sucks man. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
sucks bad, gas stations wont do anything unless forced... drain that crap and replace fuel filter not sure what else to do really

EDIT .... nevermind

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that includes the machining of the heads. And there hopefully shouldn't be any major parts that need replaced but luck so far had been no good Haha. We will see and ill keep y'all posted!

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
That is horrible brother. I am so sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so it went from bad gas to a timing chain breaking...$8282 dollars to get the motor rebuilt!
FML.. 700.1rwhp.. Hopefully they can bump it up another 20.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha far from it brother! That would be nice though! With the purchase of the car + parts + labor, now a rebuild it will have 100k in it... The car is going to run like a dream when I get it back thank god... I'm going to try and sell it for 45 if I can. It runs high 9's and is a mint show car. I'm trying to find a 2011 gt500 now..

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You said it will have 100k or is that 10k?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
100k... And because I was able to obtain mine from a friend who NEEDED to sell it ASAP and gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. Unfortunately he is no longer with us.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Dang brother that is crazy! Is that price only to fix the chain? You can add less than half that gain and get a brand new engine.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
It makes me sick to my stomach for u brother. That's a lot of cash.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts