Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 mustangs. A 2005 convertible, 2005 GT coupe and a 2012 GT convertible. I looked in the trunk, passenger side well behind the rear wheel, all 3 have water in them. I have checked the convertible grains and all are intact and clear. Looks like water could be coming in through trunk vent. Anyone else see this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me know what you find out. I have 2014 mustang convertible with same issue. When it rains car fills with water underneath back seat and in door panels. Took it to an auto top place who charged me $2000 to change the top because they say the top was bad ...top looked fine. Low and behold they changed it, rained last night and my car filled back up. They cleaned the drains so that isn't it either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the Trim Panels under the hood by the wipers. They have tabs exposed to the water. It may leak from the old seals .They are stupidly horizontal and leak

·
Registered
317 Posts
@cmd

Check the Trim Panels under the hood by the wipers. They have tabs exposed to the water. It may leak from the old seals .They are stupidly horizontal and leak
You know the primary problem being discussed here is water in the right REAR Wheel-well pocket underneath the rear seat, right? It’s nearly always the right-rear.

water in the doors are normal for Fords going WAY BACK. It just runs down the window glass, past the outer window scrubber and into the door. Remove the plugs at the bottom edge of the door, and the water will run out. That’s normal. If it doesn’t run out, the drains are clogged. To clean them, go to a commercial car wash or use a very strong wet/dry vac, and apply suction to the drain holes with the plastic bung-hole covers removed first. You can even flush it out by running water down the outside of the window glass while applying vacuum to the un-capped bung-holes.

Aside from convertible specific leaks, the rear wheel-well seems (especially on the passenger side) are notorious for not being sealed properly from the factory on Mustangs. Water finds it’s way in from wheel-spinoff, and trickle-down. Seal the leaking seam, and it will generally stop. Otherwise you need to spend some time chasing down the source(s).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts