Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a puddle on the drivers side of my mustang. Its not from rain, its not a bad heater core because my radiatir is completly full and the puddle is water not antifreeze and its not fluid from my window washer either. I been reading and i think its my vents that are clogged up or something. How do I clean them or what can I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same problem at the beginning of the summer. There are these little grommets in your firewall that need to be cleaned periodically. They are probably filled with gunk and weeds.

My fix went something Ike this: raise hood, remove black vent covers just below your wipers. Once they are away you can reach in through the water and clean out the grommets with you finger. Easy fix. Might even change your cabin air filter while you are in there.

Plenty of info sheets around. Do a search. It's an easy fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks ill give that a try asap tonorrow. I been looking everywhere but everything pointed to the heater core. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I had the same problem at the beginning of the summer. There are these little grommets in your firewall that need to be cleaned periodically. They are probably filled with gunk and weeds.

My fix went something Ike this: raise hood, remove black vent covers just below your wipers. Once they are away you can reach in through the water and clean out the grommets with you finger. Easy fix. Might even change your cabin air filter while you are in there.

Plenty of info sheets around. Do a search. It's an easy fix.
Ahh haha! Great answer I didn't even know those were down there. That reminds me I need to replace my cabin air-filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned all the vents out and even changed the cabin air filter. Both sides were pretty full of nasty leafs hopefully that fixed the problem

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good stuff! Glad it worked out.

There have been reports of people having issues with fuses etc with all the wires down there getting soaked and corroded. For me the clean is going to be a yearly thing. Ive got lots of tiny leaves and needles around where I live.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts