Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello today we had an rainy day . Now i hear water noises. First i thought there is an bottle in my car. But i found water in the Right rear end where the small Windows Rest. Is there any drain Plug to get out the water? Where is the Problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found a hole to drain the water. I don't know why there is building foam in there. but this way the water cannot run cleanly. and if there is dirt, it is completely blocked
13A44373-5951-4C92-9F21-4BD97499F274.jpeg

6050DC3B-35D5-4380-9389-1D441EE83E42.jpeg
F91BB1CE-5745-4D3A-B9C2-60CD95C9B9E9.jpeg

·
Registered
405 Posts
Water in body panels is quite common in any Ford model. In my mustangs and Crown Vics, I remove the BUNG plugs located at the bottom of the doors. You can flush them if you need to (with water) while using a Wet/Dry Vac with strong suction to pull on the water and any debris. I've had to do this in the past and now it's a routine to prevent water accumulation .

From your picture, it looks like the water is in the Well under the rear seat, directly in front of the RR wheel well. This happens when the body wasn't sealed properly or became compromise for some reason. It's common there too...

There is a body sealer you can purchase on Amazon (I think) that will cure your ills. Just drain/dry/clean the area thoroughly, then reseal the inner fender well that's causing the leak.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have looked. there is no water under the back seat. everything is dry. think that the water from the convertible should be drained over the inner fender! and if it is blocked, nothing will run out! however, if the water rises too high, it comes into contact with the window regulator. but that can damage it. think that is poorly planned and implemented ...... what does it mean to seal the inner fender? is there a picture of what exactly is mean?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is planned to drain the water through the inner fender. have marked the way red. think on the roof itself you can't seal anything. Since the foam in the rear fender is completely uneven, the water cannot run off cleanly. there is always some water in the fender, which I think can also promote rust. CC9B790A-C521-439B-86C6-11630C300536.jpeg

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't have a Vert so I can't say 100% how that is engineered, but for the Coupe model of the same year, there is a fender well seam right in front and upwards from the rear tire. This seam is supposed to be sealed and many cars had a defective seal in that seam. It is not unheard of for the car to pick up water spinoff from the tire that penetrates that location and cause sloshing water to collect. One of my 2014's had that issue, the other one didn't. Water in the door panels are very common for Ford as stated above, the fender is a separate issue.

There are various pictures posted on the internet and I think some here too. I don't have any so you would have to search.

After a heavy rain or a car wash, water does collect in the door panels, but if the bung hole isn't clogged, it will run out onto the rocker panel and down to the ground. Every time it rains, or if I wash my car, I remove the bung hole drain covers so that it drains quickly and completely.

Again, not related to the fender problem, you'll have to figure that one out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I too have a 14 Vert. Rarely driven in rain, so no leaks noticed. After reading about this issue several years ago being a known issue, I removed the liner in both rear wheel wells. They come out easy with rear wheels removed. On the right side, all seals were obviously robot applied. On the left side, the sealant looked like a 2 year old had been playing with a jar of peanut butter. Assembly line folks obviously knew there was a problem. Mine was built 16 days before S197 production ended so they were not about to replace or fix a malfunctioning robot at that time.
I sprayed a can of undercoat on both sides. No issues have appeared. If you pour a little water on the rear of the top just in front of the trunk, you can watch where it runs out the bottom.. Don't spray there.

Reactions: crjackson2134

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks for jumping in to confirm what I was trying to impart to the OP. I think he may have doubted the information somewhat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no doubted nothing everything is possible. I will continue to watch it. cleaned everything at the outlet in the fender. there were also leaves in it. Maybe it was really just stuffy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am having problems with my rag top leaking water into the back rear seat. Mostly in the back passenger side. Not sure how to fix it, doesn't look like its coming from the fender, it seems to drip down the seat backing into the bottom cushion. I only notice after heavy rain storms a small amount builds up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts