Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a PITA.

Had to replace my water pump today. I decided to replace all the hoses too, radiator, heater, bypass. I wish I had a digital camera to take pics for an article for the forum, but alas, my camera money went for a pump and hoses.

I might try to do a writeup anyway. Nothing that really needs a picture. One thing that is key, you really need a metric tap and die kit to clean up the threads.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Be careful of cleaning threads with a tap and die if you get crooked you can really mess things up. But you can go to a tool store or Sears and buy thread chasers they are designed to clean threads up but not to cut them they have a flat tip. I have the snap-on kit shown bellow it has thread chasers and nut chasers and a couple of thread files in it. It is a life saver

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
This not for you then!!! We have a bunch of people here with limited tool experiencies and it is for them. I would hate for someone new at this and mess up something. I have been a mechanic for over 23 years and I can honestly say I have boogered up a few threads in my life !!!!!!! Thread chasers are great cause it is almost impossible to mess anything up "" I did say almost "" HAHAHHAHHAHA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts