Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I would like to know what is needed to convert my standard V6 35th Anniversary to 4.6 V8 with a 2000 GT motor ?

thanks, any info welcome as im in the UK and need to get the correct stuff as it aint easy to send it back if its wrong.

Merry Christmas one and all

·
Registered
517 Posts
You said 1/3 of it right there. Motor, trans, rear end, rims, GT badges, dual exaust, Basically you might as weel throw a 5.4 in it & get an 8.8 rear end from a junk yard, & buy a tough tranny, or just trade your car in on a down payment for a GT.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Js281GT said:
You said 1/3 of it right there. Motor, trans, rear end, rims, GT badges, dual exaust, Basically you might as weel throw a 5.4 in it & get an 8.8 rear end from a junk yard, & buy a tough tranny, or just trade your car in on a down payment for a GT.
what he said, MINUS the GT badges. ;)

your stock V6 suspension won't like that extra weight from a V8 either.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just Get a Geo Metro on dubs, they are alot faster. :p:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Js281GT said:
, or just trade your car in on a down payment for a GT.
yeah the problem is he is in ENGLAND mustangs dont just run around ove there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya I would order a 5.4 or get one out of a navigator. Then the rear end, tranny.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
crap guys, if I was in Europe, or anywhere over there, I would be pimpin one of those SMART cars. They're awesome. You could park one on a card table, with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
126 Posts
do a 5.0 your t5 will bolt up with a new bellhousing. junk yard hunt for an 8.8 harness ecu. new suspension rubber bushings for the rear end must be replaced there too soft and will cause wheel hop. motor mounts.................. lots of little stuff i didnt mention............. yes much better luck buying a gt unless you know how to do all this yourself which i doubt no offence but you wouldnt needed to ask. cheaper to buy a gt

·
Registered
517 Posts
you could use your block & and make it a 4.2 liter. Someone has one on this site & has 217 rwhp. Pretty impressive. Put some nitrous on that bad dog & you will be smokin fools.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
a swap is totaly not worth it unless you really dont plan to ever sell your car or you just like blowing money... you can buy a gt for far cheaper than doing a swap.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
i thought the ranger w/ the towing package had that or something?

Maybe I got confused and it's the gears or axle or something.... :confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts
SpectorV said:
a swap is totaly not worth it unless you really dont plan to ever sell your car or you just like blowing money... you can buy a gt for far cheaper than doing a swap.
I agree with this!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts