Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first wish you a very good year 2020 Lately, I had some scares with the car, crossing the back (in Spanish "trompo") when leaving a curve accelerating and with bad firm. Reading I have seen that with the watts link, remove the arc or curve that makes the body (or the rear axle) when moving the suspension in a curve (again). Someone of you can give me some light, I have seen the BRM ....... and I was thinking about putting it together with some B6 bilstein and stock springs

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
I don't think that a Watts link will stop you from spinning out your car if you are over-driving it.
Those suspension modifications are for the race track when you are desperately trying to climb to the top of your class, and are willing to try anything in a attempt to shave a little bit of time off of your laps.

Go get some sticky tires Pelayo... They will make a more noticeable difference.
And stop spinning out your car on the public roads!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JAJAJJAJAJA
thanks straybullit .... I will do that, now I have a pilleri P Z nero all season ...... and I will only change shock and struts for B6 bilstein and I don't "run" just that I like to drive on the mountain and on a winding road and, in those closed 180º curves I go with a little fear, waiting for the movement of the back of the car

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My Mustang came with the same tires (235/50-18) you have from the factory. At 15,000 miles they were dangerous on every turn, even on a dry road. I replaced them at 19,000 miles with a different tire and 'fixed' the problem. It's your crap tires :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
I 100% agree about the tires.

Watts Link ... The Watts Link does make a noticeable difference to feel in the type of driving you describe. If you really want to throw money at it, a Torque Arm will also greatly enhance the effect you are chasing.

Cost / reward ratio is another thing that’s subjective. I have a Watts link on one of my cars and have driven cars with them for decades. Don’t expect a night/day difference on the street. Most of the time you’ll not notice it. But if you drive twisty roads at high speed, you will definitely notice an improved feel to the handling. Combine this with a quality torque arm and you’ll be happy with the result on such roads. Your bank account won’t be so happy.

These can be fun mods if you drive like this on a daily basis, but really excessive for a daily driven street machine. I don’t recommend this at all.

Tire upgrades are what you need 1st and foremost.

JMHO ...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had Pirelli P Zero Summer only on my car when it was new, Went to Continentals DW's after that and now have Michelin (that I hate But are still better than the Pirellis).
I am one that does not Drag Race, I actually bought a V6 Mustang because it is better Balanced than the GT. My car is more Leveled than Lowered (.8/1.2).
It really does OK in the Mountains with over 1.17g to the right and 1.21g to the Left on the built in G meter.

·
Registered
414 Posts
JAJAJJAJAJA
thanks straybullit .... I will do that, now I have a pilleri P Z nero all season ...... and I will only change shock and struts for B6 bilstein and I don't "run" just that I like to drive on the mountain and on a winding road and, in those closed 180º curves I go with a little fear, waiting for the movement of the back of the car
Don't forget you lower rear control arms. The stock ones are junk and just putting GT500 control arms did a lot to control that hoppy rear axle. It also reduced nose dive when braking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thks to all for your answers. I have just bought a BMR watts link, and bilstein b6 and eibach pro kit. Siber Express.. i love your car, i will have the same level that your car ( i hope) whith this hardware. When install all them inform you about drive changes ( if there is)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts