Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today that I have an adjustable Watts link setup. Does anyone have any idea hire to adjust this? I was told that my rear end seems loose and it is squeaking, but they didn't know how to adjust the Watts link. Please help the squeaking is so annoying.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silversky545 said:
Yea I hear they r a pita... proly should just trade for stock... I know just the person; -)

BTW I have no idea... call steeda
trading for stock would be great except the previous owner had it welded on. It is welded to car and rearend. =(

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silversky545 said:
Unweld it... I'll give u a adj. Pan hard bar and adj uca and whatever else us needed lol
LoL, I really wish I could find out how to adjust it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hadn't heard of that forum yet.
So by what seems like your excitement, is this thing good to have?
Thanks man!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silversky545 said:
Your joking right??
This may sound stupid, but no. I have no idea what I have right now. Please don't think less of me, but I had to google for pictures just to figure out what the heck it is.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
No worries... it's for road race.. the way it was described to me... when dialed in it's not an easy task to kick the ass end out... so when you are powering out of a corner it keeps you glued to the track... if you don't plan on hitting serious corners it's super over kill and u should have a shop cut it out an sell it (if that's possible ) they sell for $500+ depending on brand, tier and condition... I don't know if it serves a purpose in quarter mile applications maybe someone else can give some insight on that... I plan to start road racing in late October an that is one of the things on my to buy list

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silversky545 said:
No worries... it's for road race.. the way it was described to me... when dialed in it's not an easy task to kick the ass end out... so when you are powering out of a corner it keeps you glued to the track... if you don't plan on hitting serious corners it's super over kill and u should have a shop cut it out an sell it (if that's possible ) they sell for $500+ depending on brand, tier and condition... I don't know if it serves a purpose in quarter mile applications maybe someone else can give some insight on that... I plan to start road racing in late October an that is one of the things on my to buy list
Gotcha, it sounds like an awesome thing to have if I can get it dialed in. I would love to road race it our auto x with it. I just don't know where to road race it. I live in South Carolina and just heard of a little auto x that goes about once a month in a parking lot. Everytime I turn around I find out something else this car had done to it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BaSohol said:
This what you got?
Looks pretty darn similar. Mine is red and is welded to the car but yes

If I can find a dry place to get under the car and take a picture I will

·
Registered
379 Posts
Keep the Watts- spend some time playing with the adjustments, or call Saleen. They are big on Watts systems. I have a Watts on my Parnelli Jones, and it is fantastic. The handling and ride characteristics are WAY superior to those of my Roush, which has the stock Ford Panhard rod.
Another avenue for you is to call the friendly folks at Maximum Motorsports. They may not have sold the setup you have, but they will guide you through the process of dialing it in. Super good guys there!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts