Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I want to get matt black boss style stripes on my car but I was wondering how do u wax the car ? Is it safe to get wax on Matt black of not is there something that is safe ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
You really shouldn't wax any vinyl, especially matte. Just wax around them. There's a reason some people like to opt for paint protection film over the stripes. You might also get some waxy buildup on the sides of the stripes if you're not careful, try to tape that off. If you do wax them, which some people do without any immediate adverse effects, be sure to just test a small area first to see how it reacts. It's possible it might dry white or discolor the stripe itself. I think just using vinyl protectant on it is probably the safest idea.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use Mothers synthetic on my 2010 matte stripes, does not turn white on stripes or plastics. In AZ you dont leave anything unprotected, it will die.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use Mothers synthetic on my 2010 matte stripes, does not turn white on stripes or plastics. In AZ you dont leave anything unprotected, it will die.
I assume you just hand wax it? How long have you had the stripes for?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Might look into that wax then. I was going to be applying a couple of small matte black stripes, but wasn't planning on waxing them at all. They were cheap enough to just replace when they get old so it wasn't a huge deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts