Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've always heard Megs is some of the highest quality there is. I normally used turtle wax (the paste stuff) but when I did my clay bar it came with Megs Liquid Carnauba wax and that is the best stuff I have seen so far. I didnt have time to polish it the day I used it but after that liquid wax I didnt really need to, I'm excited to see what it'll look like after it's properly shined

Another that I'm just being introduced to is Croftgate (I think its Gityup that is now a licensed dealer of it) but from the videos I've seen on their website I definitely want to give it a try

·
Registered
60 Posts
I been using Croftgate USA 2 friends of mine are dealers for Croftgate and detailed my stang to show me how gods there product was it made my stang shine better and bright then it ever did did with everything else I am now hooked check out there web site we.croftgateusa.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will look into it definately. Thanks guys. Always looking for the next best thing to get my car to a mirror finish. (Even if it does only last a day here in rainy Washington). That or high pollen counts when it's dry. Just can't win.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
StangReaper said:
Why Zaino? And how is it better then any other wax?
If you use zaino products, ppl will ask where you had your factory paint job done at. A starter kit runs $84 I think and it will do the car 30 times. It also has an antistatic ingredient that repels dust. It is a polish and not a wax. You won't find a better product anywhere.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If i had paint that was in good condition, i would use AMMO products. Ammonyc.Com. Their owner is a awesome enthusiast and his products are awesome. His basic regime is. Great for shine and protection. It's really awesome stuff and is used regularly to maintain some of the most amazing cars in the world. Check out the website and some of his videos.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've always heard Megs is some of the highest quality there is. I normally used turtle wax (the paste stuff) but when I did my clay bar it came with Megs Liquid Carnauba wax and that is the best stuff I have seen so far. I didnt have time to polish it the day I used it but after that liquid wax I didnt really need to, I'm excited to see what it'll look like after it's properly shined

Another that I'm just being introduced to is Croftgate (I think its Gityup that is now a licensed dealer of it) but from the videos I've seen on their website I definitely want to give it a try

Agreed my friend !! First all Meg's products are awesome and another of my fav's is Chemical Guys 50/50 for paste. When it comes to waterless wash and simple protection and shine...YES, I dont have to use Croftgate I choose to. Glad you checked out Croftgate.com and feel free to PM me or email me directly at [email protected] for any questions or products!!!

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Croftgate Quick & Slick

++++1111 Quick N Slick is AWESOME.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Croftgate Quick & Slick
I been using Croftgate USA 2 friends of mine are dealers for Croftgate and detailed my stang to show me how gods there product was it made my stang shine better and bright then it ever did did with everything else I am now hooked check out there web site we.croftgateusa.com

Croftgate products are really amazing !!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I went out and went with some Croftgate wax. I tell you what never seen my car shine so bright. Unfortunately being here in ole WA it rained the next day but man. Sure was beautiful

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recently picked up some Pinnacle Souveran wax....pure carnuba. I have been using Zaino for years before trying the Pinnacle. Don't get me wrong at all, Zaino is a great product but I find that I like the Pinnacle better. Before using the Pinnacle I went over the car with their "Cleansing Body Lotion".....may sound like I'm getting this stuff at Bed, Bath and Beyond but it worked great....the paint was like glass after using it.

Just my opinion and not a knock on Zaino....great stuff and great customer service.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just make sure the wax is thick and creamy. That means there is carnauba in it, make sure its not runny or watered down. That's what I was told by an old school guy from downeyCA car meet

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I had to describe the Pinnacle Souveran wax it's not what I would call thick and creamy...it's more like the consistency of a bar of soap. When you rub the wax applicator across it, it picks up plenty of wax....although a lot is not needed and it goes a long way. According to the manufacturer it is pure carnuba.....again, just my description and experience...there is a lot of good stuff out there that's for sure.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I recently picked up some Pinnacle Souveran wax....pure carnuba. I have been using Zaino for years before trying the Pinnacle. Don't get me wrong at all, Zaino is a great product but I find that I like the Pinnacle better. Before using the Pinnacle I went over the car with their "Cleansing Body Lotion".....may sound like I'm getting this stuff at Bed, Bath and Beyond but it worked great....the paint was like glass after using it.

Just my opinion and not a knock on Zaino....great stuff and great customer service.
I agree Pinnacle is some really great stuff!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
While pure carnauba wax would be nice for shine, it also will be one of the fastest burn off waxes out there. I bet in less than an hour or two of 70 degree heat on a coloured paint it would be gone. All natural waxes just don't hold up well and that's why we see blended waxes. 45-55% is what most wax blends are. Meguars gold class paste is 48% if i recall correctly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure about that....I'm in Arizona and was at two car shows last Saturday...temps were 95 degrees and the car sat out in it for over 6 hours. Wiped it down the next day and it beaded up like it had just been waxed. Now that is just my experience and not trying to stir anything up....just my experience.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts