Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering what are some cost friendly options to reduce body role and stiffen the suspension on my v6 convertible ? (( other than getting a full blown shocks springs struts swaybars kit from AM ))

·
Registered
149 Posts
One of my friends just lowered his car on springs. Obviously his struts and such wont last forever but short term he swears by the reduction of body roll. You could buy springs now and slowly move towards some aftermarket struts and shocks as they wear plus you get an aggressive look. SR Performance Chrome Mustang Strut Tower Brace (05-13 GT/V6) STB-05-CH - Free Shipping! has really good reviews and its only 170 which isnt terrible not exactly cheap.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey I was wondering what are some cost friendly options to reduce body role and stiffen the suspension on my v6 convertible ? (( other than getting a full blown shocks springs struts swaybars kit from AM ))
How stiff you want to go?? Because in the end it all depends on what your planning on using your car for.as far as cost friendly . Strut bar,stiffer sway bar,roll bars. Buy one at a time until you get desired stiffness

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
A strut tower brace really makes a noticeable difference! I got the boss302 one but I'm sure they all work good!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Honestly the number one thing that's gonna reduce body roll is new dampers. They may cost a little more but are well worth it. I got the Koni strt from AM, it's probably my most recent suspension mod, Ive driven the car over 40k miles before I stalling these, had I known how big of a difference. It was going to make I would have done those first.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Would a front and rear strut bar work. Also, why do they recommend welding the back one in? As far as rolling, start with lowering the car and stut bars. Seen on eBay where a guy was selling a rear seat delete and a brace bar for the pillars. Not sure how that would work being inside the car, but it looks kinda cool :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts