Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if spraying my engine with WD-40 will clean it at all? I tried it on a bearing and seemed to work pretty well, I also sprayed it on the air filter breathing tube and there was alot of dirt and grime and it seemed to clean it well. Nothing will happen if I spray my engine with Wd-40 will it? I want to spray my entire engine down. not much though, because it is pretty filthy and ive already tried using degreaser and spraying the engine down with water throughly but it didnt do much. I just want a shiny, clean looking engine . :)

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Ibanezplayer272 said:
Hey I was wondering if spraying my engine with WD-40 will clean it at all? I tried it on a bearing and seemed to work pretty well, I also sprayed it on the air filter breathing tube and there was alot of dirt and grime and it seemed to clean it well. Nothing will happen if I spray my engine with Wd-40 will it? I want to spray my entire engine down. not much though, because it is pretty filthy and ive already tried using degreaser and spraying the engine down with water throughly but it didnt do much. I just want a shiny, clean looking engine . :)
hmm never tried it lol.... but WD-40 isnt a cleaner.... might not be a good idea to get it on the pullies or anyother part that turns

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
wd-40 is a lubricant, not a de-greaser. You will need a stronger concentration of Simple Green or that Orange Magic or whatever they are called. Do not dilute those with as much water and leave them on and use a damp cloth to wipe them off.

WD-40 will actually make the engine dirtier. The reason is that the oils in the lubricant will attract and bind to dust particles and cause more dirt to stick to the engine.

·
Registered
941 Posts
wd-40 as stated above won't help you. if you really want a clean engine bay, you can sandblast your intakes and armor all the black plastic pieces. water and palmolive and a lot of rags works for me though...

austin

·
Registered
941 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
he already did it, he made a thread about something smoking under his hood. I think we concluded it was the WD-40.
BWHAHAHA! thread open to off topic posting! :lol:

live and learn... i've done 10x worse, go ahead and laugh about it!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
:wstupid: :lol:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm locking this thread since it has nothing to do with the main topic anymore. Too off topic and it has been answered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts