Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know some ways to take weight out of an sn95 vert car? Let me know how to lighten up the rotating assembly as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just start going through the car and remove every single thing that isn't necessary, get lighter wheels, fiberglass hood, fiberglass trunk lid, ditch the passenger seats and the back seats. You don't need a dash, just a few gauges, get rid on the top, the windows, gut the doors, window motors and door locks are heavy and unnecessary. Cut out the heavy metal floor pans and rivet in sheets of aluminum, get rid of the radio, every component to do with the radio, air vents, heater, ac, headlights are heavy, get rid of those and just rivet some more sheet aluminum across where they where, same goes for fog lights and tail lights. A set of little foam ear plugs are a lot lighter than an exhaust so get rid of the exhaust, the headers might as well go too. Do you really need rear brakes? No you don't, they can go too, as well as one front, you only need one wheel to brake. Ditch the hydraulics for the now one wheel brake and the steering, cars didn't have then when cars where first invented and you know how the saying goes, if it was good enough for dad, it was good enough for me. Get rid of the starter too, just jump start it every where.

Now if you do all this you will have an incredibly light and dangerous car. Have fun!

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
DerekJohnScott said:
Just start going through the car and remove every single thing that isn't necessary, get lighter wheels, fiberglass hood, fiberglass trunk lid, ditch the passenger seats and the back seats. You don't need a dash, just a few gauges, get rid on the top, the windows, gut the doors, window motors and door locks are heavy and unnecessary. Cut out the heavy metal floor pans and rivet in sheets of aluminum, get rid of the radio, every component to do with the radio, air vents, heater, ac, headlights are heavy, get rid of those and just rivet some more sheet aluminum across where they where, same goes for fog lights and tail lights. A set of little foam ear plugs are a lot lighter than an exhaust so get rid of the exhaust, the headers might as well go too. Do you really need rear brakes? No you don't, they can go too, as well as one front, you only need one wheel to brake. Ditch the hydraulics for the now one wheel brake and the steering, cars didn't have then when cars where first invented and you know how the saying goes, if it was good enough for dad, it was good enough for me. Get rid of the starter too, just jump start it every where.

Now if you do all this you will have an incredibly light and dangerous car. Have fun!
I love this guy and I don't even know him :p

·
Registered
861 Posts

The first half I was like hell yeah, this car is gonna fly! Im gonna rip this **** out too then after I saw the headers might as well go I started getting suspicious. Lol funny stuff:lol:

·
Banned
422 Posts
DerekJohnScott said:

Id leave a hole in the floor pans to stick your foot through and just go ahead and toss the remaining front brake too. If Fred Flinstone could stop big stone wheels you should be able to stop rubber ones.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Take your EGR and smog pump along with your AC, then get a HCI top end kit and get rid of those cast iron heads!, rear seat delete. New fiberglass or carbon fiber hood.

·
Registered
571 Posts
keaton5.0 said:
Id leave a hole in the floor pans to stick your foot through and just go ahead and toss the remaining front brake too. If Fred Flinstone could stop big stone wheels you should be able to stop rubber ones.
Just get a metal boot like the motorcycle racers!

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Billymich said:
Someone had a sad childhood :cry:
Zelda for N64, Link got metal boots for the water temple...
Yea I had a n64 and zelda but I have no clue Wtf ur talking about lol. I guess I didn't play it as much as you did :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts